Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Field Trip

I love my big Bro, so I jumped on the chance to visit him at his rented house near his school with my Mom this weekend. We headed out on Saturday afternoon and spent the night at my grandparents' house. That morning, everyone piled into Mom's minivan, picked up my Favorite Cousin, and stormed the castle. All of us, plus Bro and his gf, went out for a nice little lunch and had a nice little time.
The house is surprisingly nice. It's all pine floors and big rooms on the first floor, and little bedrooms upstairs. 1 1/2 bathrooms, full kitchen, big deck, huge backyard. There's 5 of them living there, and rent is about $200/month each.

That night, as we dropped off my Fav Cousin, I realized that the state we were in was home to many people I know from school, such as my favey, TA. I called TA and we fumbled around on our phones trying to figure out a way that we might be able to see each other. We couldn't figure anything, so I dyed my cousin's hair and spent the night on her boyfriend's futon, but I tried.
My cousin and I made ourselves some cocktails and cookies, watched Hostel [which is just a terrible film, 0 stars, but the guy's cute], and chatted on the porch. Overall a much nicer time than I would have had at my grandparent's house; my Mom texted me: 'you dodged a bullet, we're watching million dollar password omg.'
Much as I love my extended family and my currently-distant Bro, I'm glad to be home; I'd been holding in a poo since Saturday. We're not supposed to go #2 at Grandma's house since our youthful excrement clogs the pipes every single time, and I thought it'd be poor form to do it the first time I ever set foot in Bro's place or my cousin's bf's place. I feel 5 pounds lighter. I wish I could find that clip from the Friday movies on youtube so that last sentence could have some backup. Yes, girls poop, I'm sorry.

I might go to yoga tonight. When I went and took that "Sleepytime Yoga" class I signed up for unlimited classes for the summer, and I have to go to at least 3 more classes before it pays for itself. The studio also offers Tai Chi, Capoeira, and bellydance, so I might be getting into some of that before the summer ends.
Speaking of the summer ending, it's going by too fast for my liking. In 4 weeks I'm going on a 2-week cruise [and I'm ticked because I'm gonna be on the rag for like half of it, boo], then there's 2 weeks, and then I'm back at school for Orientation Adviser training. It seems like just yesterday that I made my little calendar, but judging by the X'd-off days it's been 3 weeks and 1 day. I miss my friends, but I don't miss essays, so it's a very ambivalent state of mind.

9 comments:

DnWormer said...

I'm laughing so hard now that i'm crying, I thought I had the only family where you couldn't take a #2 in relatives houses. Good to know i'm not alone!

Osbasso said...

Now that you're 5 pounds lighter...

Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
girls poop?!
you crack me up!!!!!
haaaaaaaaa
cruise should be fun!!

Shandra said...

hahaha u already know ur fam cracks me up.

post a link to the bikini u got! (twitter reference)

Trixie Firecracker said...

1. $200/month? Damn, what state is this?

2. The poop thing made me laugh my butt off. I had the same thing happen to me in China, because oh lovely antiquated plumbing, I love you so.

Anonymous said...

it's TA...

mer I miss you and I'm disappointed we couldn't figure something out. glad you had a good weekend though (even though I know it was very, very difficult to do so since you didn't see me).

summer is going by wicked fast. it's already been a month and a half. that leaves basically two a half months left, more or less. weird. and I miss school...but there just isn't enough time to do all the things I planned to do and to take all the trips I planned to take (ie jersey).

villageidiot said...

Ok, now that you got that out of your system (pun intended,) no more talk of poop! Bellydancing, on the other hand, will eventually require more pics. Ya know, as proof...

Sean C said...

k so, gross.

Poop and period in one blog is overload, much like grandmas pipes. yes, my eyes and imagination are much like gmas pipes and now i'm clogged. Or consider my eyes and mind your brothers new abode, don't poop on them, that's poor form.

Hehe, anyway, just kidding, just warn me next time..

So Hostel is a decent B movie, mainly because Eli is a stud. He reminds me of Tarantino one of my faves.

Sorry you didn't get to see TDAA, she needs a hug from JerseySJov.

"We couldn't figure anything, so I dyed my cousin's hair and spent the night on her boyfriend's futon, but I tried." <-- that just struck me as funny for some reason. =]

JerseySjov said...

mnwhr: we used to be able to use the potty in the basement, but that became a no-no once we hit like 10.

os: yes?

sage: i'm totally looking forward to it

pink: my family is something else, for sure

tf: its $200/month each for the 5 of them for the 3-bedroom house, sans utilities.

ta: i need to not be in my house anymore

blackdog: belly dancing is easier than you'd think it would be, at least for me it was

sean: glad i could provide some lols