Eight things I am passionate about:
1. Dance. I find myself thinking about dance when the situation really doesn't call for it. I stand in 5th position at the register at work. I get chastised in yoga class for my ballet hands. Some people sing in the shower, I dance (you're welcome for that mental image, ha).
2. Food. I quite like making little dinners for myself when I'm home alone. I find myself getting excited picking out what I'm going to order for myself at work. I think I have a good relationship with food.
3. Friendships. I'm the worst person in the world for showing it, but I really appreciate and dearly love the people I call friends.
4. My music. There are people who can get very into all kinds of music, and there are the types who get deep into one genre or another. I'm neither, but I know what I like and a good run of songs on iTune shuffle can make my week. I'm starting to really enjoy singing again, too, after having the art form ruined by middle school choir.
5. Enjoying my youth. I'm young, I'm cute, I'm (mostly) smart. I'd much rather look back and go "I can't believe I'm still alive" than "I wish I did more crazy shit when I could."
6. Summers. I am fully aware that up to this point I have spent my summers indolently lounging, going to the beach ("down the shore"), and eating popsicles. But if this is a world where you can't be passionate about getting sand in your crevices and eating frozen juice product off sticks, then I'm going to need a new world.
7. Words. I mean, hello, I have a link to the dictionary.com daily crossword on my blog. I always did fairly well in English classes without much effort; it just comes naturally to me. Let me put it this way: I find Shakespeare easy to understand without the translation that usually accompanies the editions we read in school.
8. Humor. I love a good laugh, and can crack up at almost anything. It's terrifically cliche, but I really do find humor in everyday situations. I'm pretty quick on the draw, too. I'm not sure if it comes across in my writing. Well, I know I got some of you with that poop comment from a couple posts ago, you lowbrows.
Eight things I want to do before I die:
1. Fall in love. Awww, yeah, I know. I still haven't decided if I want to get married or not, but I know I want to have someone to come home to.
2. Dance as much and as long as possible.
3. Own a home. I've always said on surveys like this that if I ever won the lottery the first thing I'd do is buy a house for myself. I just want a place that belongs to me and me alone.
4. Earn dollars doing something I love, or at least like. I'm not saying I want to be a multi-millionaire, here. I just want a steady income doing something that doesn't kill me inside.
5. Figure myself out. This one I think I've started on already. I feel like I'm getting there. Which is totally great.
6. Get a tattoo. I've wanted ink for a really, really long time, but haven't come up with a design that I'd want on myself forever. I know that you can get them removed, but if I'm going to spend that much time and money I want something that will be worth it.
7. Learn and retain a language other than English. I've got some French and a very small amount of Spanish happening in my brain, but it would be nice to get either of them nailed down enough to travel confidently.
8. Have lots of moments where I'm at peace with the world. I've had a few of those totally content, purring-happy moments already; there's nothing better than knowing that, at that moment, there's nothing that you could be doing that could make you happier.
Eight things I say often:
1. "...yeah?" One of my big verbal tics is adding "yeah?" to the end of sentences. I sometimes catch myself doing it when it doesn't make sense, "When you weren't here I made lunch, yeah?"
2. "Did you know..." I am a well of trivia. My roommates Freshman year liked to name a random subject and see if I could come up with some fact about it. I usually could, but by the end of the year I sometimes had to rely on my quick wit to make something up out of thin air.
3. "Buddy", "Chief", "Champ", "Guy". Listed in descending order of usage, my generic nicknames for everyone I know.
4. "*movie quote*" Yes, I'm one of those people who quotes movies, even when I'm around someone who hasn't seen the movie. Sometimes Hollywood just says it better than I could...EMILIOOOO
5. "*yawn* I'm tired." What can I say? I'm a sleepy kid.
6. "Fuck shit ass balls shit shit ass!" I have a colorful vocabulary, as well as verbal diarrhea when I'm flustered, so I let loose with phrases like this more often than is respectable. Then again, you should hear what doesn't get past the brain-mouth filter.
7. "Hi, what can I get for you? Oh, wait. I NEED A MANAGER!" Stupid job, haha.
8. "Superfluous", "metatarsal", "vainglorious", etc. I read (both past and present tense) an awful lot, so my vocabulary gets sprinkled with words that don't usually turn up in an average 20-year old's lexicon. One of my roommates from Freshman year does an impression of me speaking, wherein she just says a lot of long, important-sounding words and makes up a fact about something.
Eight books I’ve read recently:
1. How to Lose Friends and Alienate People by Toby Young
2. Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
3. Last Man In by Nicholas Kulish
4. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July
5. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
6. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
7. Madame Rosa by Emile Ajar
8. currently working on Christine by Stephen King
Eight Movies I have seen Eight times:
1. Anchorman
2. Reservoir Dogs (I am so in love with Mr. Blonde, it's tragic)
3. The Boondock Saints
4. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (I saw it 4 times in theaters...my friends and I were obsessed)
5. Zoolander
6. Mulan (pretty much any Disney Masterpiece)
7. Dude, Where's my Car?
8. A Night at the Roxbury (EMILIOOOOOO)
Eight people who should do this meme:
1. Pink Ditz
2. ThisdayAndage
3. Trixie Firecracker (you've been tagged twice, now you have to do it d: )
4. Blackdog
5. Mnwhr
6. Sean C
7. Anyone
8. Else
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I already did this one here:
http://blackdog-thegrassisalwaysgreener.blogspot.com/2008/05/8-things-meme.html
Any girl who digs Reservoir Dogs and LOTR has got to be cool. And you'll find love, don't worry...
hello there. I did it. and it was odd, because I found like we had a lot of the same answers, so some of mine were the same, and some I had to change so you didn't think I was copying you...or that I want to be you (even though I do). kbye.
Fun! will do this after work tomorrow.
I have not seen LOTR! hahaha bad right?
Your vocab is redic that's I always storm you with what does this mean questions.
LOVEd this btw, learned a couple things abt ya that I didn't know.
yeah learned some cool things about you. um, like dance is something we have in common although, hip hop for me. thanks for tagging me, i'll do it now..
K, Done. I think we have stuff in common to in the area's of things to do before we die and stuff... cool. :)
Wow.
"Dude Where's My Car" gets the award for "WTF Where Did This Come From"
I loooooooove food. Like its boarderline inappropriate.
I think I was a fat kid in a previous life
Smart girl...res dogs ROCK!
appreciation of Reservoir Dogs, an enriched vocabulary, humor, music, trivia, and dance... wow, I like you, I really, really like you ;)
Good post. You seem to have your shit figured out way more than I did at your age.
You've never fallen in love?
I thought I did around your age, but it turns out I wouldn't really be there until 10 years later.
blackdog: i know i'm cool, but the males in my peer group need to figure it out.
ta: we are very similar, it's true, yah?
pink: do it!
sean c: yay im glad you did it. hooray for boy dancers.
so@24: i can recite that movie.
just wandering: haha, i can tell from your pic that you love food. i, too, was def a big ol fat kid in a past life
blue: hell yes it's an awesome movie.
jericho: thanks, i like you right back
dr ken: thanks for thinking i have my shit together. and nope, never been in love.
Post a Comment