The cable went out, but luckily our tv has a built-in DVD player. I've been stealing internet from the neighbors and watching movies practically nonstop. Here's what I've been wasting my brain space on:
The Goods: Buddy bought it for me for Christmas and I have to admit it's been growing on me. It's not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but it has its moments. It's the type of movie that I enjoy a lot when I watch it by myself, but nobody else ever wants to see it.
My Best Friend's Girl [twice]: I hadn't seen this one yet before this week; I dug it out of the bottom of Roomie's DVD box where it was living underneath about 10 Audrey Hepburn movies. It's pretty juvenile [obviously, it stars Dane freakin' Cook], and I can't help but think that I'm watching American Pie whenever I see Jason Biggs in anything. It's actually on right now as background noise for my blogging.
Rolling Kansas: I love this movie. It's a totally weird little flick that I quote constantly. If you've seen it, we are friends.
Kill Bill vol 1 & Kill Bill vol 2: My Daddy bought me these for Christmas because he knows that I like Tarantino. Watching these again inspired me to find Jackie Brown and Planet Terror [yeah, I know he didn't direct PT, but he had a part in the whole Grindhouse thinger] online for real cheap.
Marley & Me: I had to text my Bro to confirm that the dog [spoiler alert] dies in the end so that I would be prepared. I hate dogs, especially bad dogs, but I'll be darned if I didn't mist up when he bit it.
The Sweetest Thing [twice in a row]: I've seen this a million times on tv, but there are a few choice moments that are better on the unrated DVD.
Anchorman: It's rare I go a fortnight without watching Anchorman, regardless of how well the cable is working.
There's Something About Mary: Not one of my faves, but Roomie owns it and I was in the mood for something gnarly so I watched it.
Fargo: I'd never seen it before but it pops up a lot in my world of cultural references so I figured I'd throw it on. I wasn't expecting to like it but I'll probably watch it again soon.
I've also mopped the kitchen, bleached the fuck out of the bathroom [our shower curtain rod was covered in a layer of rust 1/4 inch thick...not anymore!], laundered the living room blanket/kitchen and bathroom hand towels/bathroom rug, and become almost completely nocturnal.
On Wednesday afternoon the WASP came by to return the broom he borrowed from us. He stayed for a couple hours watching tv and snuck up on me in the cuddle department- We started out sitting next to each other and next thing I know his head's in my lap. He invited me to go to his place for dinner and I never turn down a free meal. After dinner we walked to the bar for trivia [we met up with a big group of people from his work, but ended up on different teams].
After sucking at trivia, he and I ventured out to make a few social visits. Barely a half block away from the bar he grabbed my face and kissed me. I saw it coming a mile away and I really wanted it, too, so I let him take me back to his house. We almost flipped over the table that we had eaten on hours earlier, knocked a bunch of crap off his nightstand, and moved his bed a few inches from all the shaking. I didn't stay over because he wakes up really early for work and that's not really my cup of tea.
Of course I haven't seen him or heard from him since. I shot him a little text with a joke on Thursday with no response. SH was going to go to his house last night but ended up not going so I wasn't about to just show up.
I'm just so horny all the time, it sucks that nobody wants to bang me as often as I'd like. Not to mention my "good personality" or whatever.
Bro was going to come visit tonight and I was really looking forward to taking him out to my bahhs and whatnot, but when I spoke to him earlier today he was feeling too lazy to make the trip. Oh well. He did say that he might decide at the last minute to come up, but it's already pretty late and I can't think of a reason to shower and get out of my pjs, so I'm envisioning another low key night.
Since I'm pretty bummed I think I'm going to treat myself to wings delivery tonight, even thought I know I shouldn't. But what's the point of comfort food if you can't use it for comfort?
[Edit: After posting, I watched My Best Friend's Girl again and Half Baked]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow you really are plowing through the movies of the earth here. I get sucked into some bad movie watching sometimes, and thats often when I need to follow up with something like Kill Bill because I am so angry at the crappy pap on the screen. But thats just cuz I have issues. I'm sure some people enjoy crappy pap. Or not crappy pap.
I have a not so secret love of The Sweetest Thing --- it's a little gross but totally adorable :-)
I was in Boston for the last week, I would have dropped by and banged you plenty of times, I was just waiting for the invitation!
some great movies there!
Fargo hits close to home as I'm from the Midwest and that accent they do is... well, it's pretty funny (and maybe a little bit spot on), dontcha know!
Pam has not had cable since she moved into her apartment 10 months ago. She was mooching internet for a while, but that recently disappeared, so she also now watches the same movies over and over again. We've been quoting Anchorman nonstop for like two weeks, so last night she bought it and I'm looking forward to that. I got Blazing Saddles for - wait for it - $5.
IMHO, Planet Terror was better than Death Proof anyway. A little less chatting and a little more chasing/crashing and I would have liked it more. Maybe if they'd put it first I'd feel different, but going from PT to DP I felt like someone had just picked me up and dropped me.
And what's all this about no one wanting to bang you as often as you'd like? This makes no sense to me. You're a girl. Guys want to bang girls all. the. time.
I so wanted to like the Goods. I really did. But it just never really gets where it's going -- even with the occasional funny moments that it does indeed have.
However, if watching it all week leads to a night like the one you describe where beds move and nightstands get messed up, then I guess I better start finding a way to endure Rob Riggle's "I'm a 5 year old" schtick, eh?
boomka: i freely admit that i like watching bad movies, but i very rarely force others to watch them with me. this is my gift to the world.
shayna: it's the only raunchy chick flick i can think of. i love it because me and my girls are totally disgusting with each other and that movie captures that vibe
ang: my 2nd mom [across the street neighbor family matriarch when i was growing up] is from south dakota and she still has a bit of that special twang. dontcha knooo haha
a special david: throw out your hands, stick out your tush, hands on your hips, give em a push, youll be surprised youre doing the french mistake. voila! anyway i want to bang ONE guy ALL the time, not ALL the guys ONCE each. big difference
hex: the thing with the goods is that i don't know what it's missing. the actors all have their game faces on, the story should be funny, the telling of the story is at a nice clip, but it just doesn't really work. but i agree with ya, i'd watch it every day if i could have nights like that more often!
Post a Comment