Still no job, but I've been livin' large on the kindness of strangers. "Strangers" here refer to my roommates, family, and friends, by the way.
My schedule is sitting around, playing with the cats, looking at stuff on the internet. I stay up until the sun rises and sleep until about 2. The only productive thing I've done so far this week is put my rent check in the mail. But [other than rent and one pack of cigarettes] I haven't spent any money and I'm happy.
SH and our other roomie left a bunch of food in the freezer that I've been scavenging and I still have leftovers from Memorial Day. I eat one big meal a day and have a smaller one at night, which obviously isn't that great for you, but I've lost another 5 pounds.
I have plans to meet up with one of the capoeira dudes twice a week to do situps and kick each other, plus I found the 8-minute toning videos on Youtube, and that's been working out pretty well.
So far my only job prospect is signing up for a sugardaddy website, but odds are I wouldn't have the guts for it so one of these days I suppose I'll get bored or hungry enough to seriously look for a real job. I've got a few chapters of a book written in my head, that's something I've always wanted to do, but it's not really a pay-the-bill kind of enterprise. I have to brag that I am already published on Urban Dictionary.
I hung out with the guy from the double date again last weekend. We had both been out with different groups and met up at 2 in the morning. We talked and snuggled on my bed, kissed a little bit but didn't do anything else. It was still so nice and comfortable hanging out with him. He thinks I'm totally out of his league, which is pretty funny to me.
I'm taking care of the cats and the general welfare of the apartment since JB and Roomie are out more than they're in. They don't really appreciate the time I spent puttering around picking up the living room and wiping up the kitchen. I feel like a mom.
Anecdotal Non-Sequester:
I was watching vh1's 100 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs and The Fugee's "Killing Me Softly" was in there. It reminded me of something that happened back in highschool: I was riding shotgun and as part of my DJ Shottie duties, I put the Roberta Flack version on in my friend's car as we were driving around, probably to the mall. My friend listens for a minute then says, "This slow remake is good, but I like the original Lauryn Hill version better."
My jaw dropped and I sat in shocked silence for a minute before cracking up and explaining the things that were wrong with her for saying that.
Anyone else have a story about totally being a dick and showing up your friends but feeling awesome about it, even years later?
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I wish I had an awesome story like that!
ps, if you're already feeling like a mom just from some roomies... maybe you should stop looking for a boyfriend... they aren't good cleaner upers either.
I was on the reverse side. I had not heard of the shins, but one of their songs got played on the radio. I asked my friend innocently enough "Have you heard of the shins?"
His response was to laugh at me, hard, and ask if I was serious.
Good luck on the job prospects :)
Wow - that's too funny (and sad at the same time!) --- my experiences are always with my younger siblings making remarks like "This guy did a remake of a Madonna song"... and they were referring to the train wreck known as Madonna's iteration of American Pie as if it were the original, and Don MacLean's original as a subpar remake (except that's actually awesome...and Madonna tried to kill it... you see where I'm going with this!)
Don't get me started on covers of old numbers... twice during a recent Micheal Buble TV concert I which my daughter insisted we watch I had to get up dig out the original - or at least a much better version and demonstrate to her what emotion in music is all about!!!
A "PACK" of cigarettes ?
Someone doesn't smoke enough.
ang: i wasn't complaining! I just never thought I'd care if people used coasters haha
mr o: well it's always fun to be the first person in your group to be onto something... if it helps i've discovered some cool bands on your blog!
shayna: funny that your story is about american pie, i just found this little game online where you have 5 minutes to fill in the blanks for those lyrics! ill post the link to you if you want :)
furtheron: one of the many joys of parenthood, im sure! thanks for stopping in, hope you come back again :)
heff: sorry... i'm still pretty young, my vices aren't fully developed yet
FLYING WOMBAT FTW! I don't think my aim is good enough, but hot damn, that's not going to stop me from trying.
Response to non-sequester:
My freshman year, my roommate and I used to go climbing a lot. Like, an hour a day, every day. One day, he decides to climb a wall using no legs at all, just arms to power his way up. When he got back down, he thought he was the shit... until I did it in half his time.
david: best of luck with your flying wombat!
Post a Comment