Monday, April 5, 2010

How Was My Saturday Night?

Nice.

Things started slow by watching Aladdin on tv with a handful of folks, then got worse as we bounced around a couple lame parties. The Blond was texting me all night and I was about to throw in the towel and head over to his place [I had a convo with one of my girls about if it was bad to hook up with three different guys over the course of three nights. If the BrigaFreshman wasn't so sweet and the WASP wasn't the WASP it wouldn't have occurred to me to that it could be a bad thing. How things change, right? Okay, digression over].
On my walk from the party to his, I passed by a house that I knew was hosting a party for a Brigadoon Senior's birthday. Figuring it would be nice to say hello and see my musical friends before having a nice but bland hookup with the Blond, I banged on a window and was let in just in time to sing "Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced" and that was enough to keep me there for the rest of the night.

At about 2am, someone referenced How I Met Your Mother, a show that I have never seen but that I heard I would enjoy very much, and said that the party would be better if people suited up. Every single person vehemently agreed and ran home to put on nice clothes. When we reconvened it was decided that the only thing that would make the night better would be getting cigars and off we were to the 24-hour store to buy out their stock of White Owls, then we gathered around the ridiculous statue in the center of campus to smoke en masse.
While we were smoking I started chatting with one of the birthday boy's roommates, a totally adorable tall thin blond. He was endearingly shy and geeky; we had a great conversation. Since he was pretty well wasted and shy I didn't think anything would come of it, but he totally asked me if I wanted to hang out when I saw him this afternoon in the caf.
Exciting stuff. I might have to do another Potential Men list if things keep up the way they've been going.

I'm not looking forward to this coming week: classes are just not keeping my interest at all what with the gorgeous new weather, plus the Gala is on Friday which means tons of boring rehearsal every night. This year they have the nerve to charge performers for our mandatory ID bracelets, so lame. I had a bad case of bitchmouth during the rehearsal today and couldn't help myself from whispering smack talk to Roomie about everything and everyone in the large crowded room.

Hope yous all had a great weekend, that this nice weather holds, and that I don't catch the cough that I can hear SH working on in her room right now.

4 comments:

Shayna said...

I love How I Met Your Mother - Watch it, you will love it (or at lesat have some new catchphrases) --- :-)

Another David said...

Shayna's right. HIMYM is awesome, and suiting up makes great nights in LEGENDARY nights. Try it.

Heff said...

Nice Cigar.

With Love,

Slick Willie Clinton.

JerseySjov said...

shayna: i just need to find it online somewheres and get some free time.

another david: clearly, i did try it and it turned out well :P

heff: haha! thanks