Saturday, March 6, 2010

Break Pt 1

I safely arrived back in Jersey last night at around 10pm. Dad's already accused me of conspiracy to break the new washing machine and Mom's already reminded me four times about the appointments that I've had written in my planner for over a month.
Home: "Sweet." ...Home.

At least I had a hell of a Thursday night to make up for being here for both Break weekends:
I went by myself to the annual Senior Etiquette Dinner at the President of the University's house. Basically the Pres' wife thinks that we're all babbling slobs and invites the Seniors for a formal dinner to teach us how to eat at a formal dinner. Now, I'm happy any time I get to wear a nametag, but the dinner really exceeded my expectations and was a surprisingly nice time. The food was great, my table had a good mix of people. 4/5 Stars, Would recommend to a friend.

After the dinner I texted the WASP to see what The Boys were up to for the night. He texted back in an unexpectedly flirtatious manner telling me that they were at his place and I should come over. After The Office and Archer the group wandered upstairs to Ex-Roommate's place to play drinking games and generally carouse. People were leaping about the apartment, chatting, sharing swigs of cocktails, scaring the cat, having a good time. There was talk about going to the bar but it's hard to convince people to go out in the cold and buy alcohol when the heat's turned on and there's a bottle of vodka on the kitchen table.
Eventually people wandered off to the library [yes, my friends drink then go study], to bed alone, or to bed with a friend. The WASP and I went down to his place and watched Planet Earth with his roommates. He was getting a little snuggly and invited me to sleep over, but I refused on the grounds that I had to go home and pack due to my plans to leave campus right after my 9am class.

He walked me home and I invited him up to warm up a bit. We said hello to the cats and I managed to take my suitcase out of storage before he pounced. I figured there was no harm in making out. Then there was no harm in letting our hands wander. By the time he asked if it was okay for him to take my bra off, he was lying shirtless on my bed with his jeans around his knees and I was straddling his chest with only my underwear and a sock on. I might have mentioned this before, but I love everything that he does to me in bed, so I had to really concentrate to keep my voice steady and act cool when I asked if he wanted to find a condom. It took us a minute to find his pants [I tend to fling clothing as I remove it, even when I'm by myself], but once we got the condom out of his wallet and on him we had us some hot hot on-top-of-the-covers-with-the-lights-on relations.
I didn't get to pack until 4:30 in the morning. Thank goodness my 9am professor promised us bagels and coffee, otherwise I'm not sure I would have made it.

I don't know what to say other than to assure yous that I'm taking this at face value: two people wanted each other beyond reason and went for it.
Of course there is the fact that he might swing through NJ to see me this week. Of course if he doesn't I'm not going to think anything of it, but if he does... Well, odds are I'm going to write about him here either way because I've conversed at length with my girls and the things they've said are worth sharing. Before I say what they told me, what do you guys think?

My Favorite David tagged me in a meme. I don't usually participate in these things, but this one is kinda neat.
Find the 10th picture from the first pictures folder in your docs, post it, talk about it, and tag five people:
Some of you might remember this from last year. This is me and my lady B dancing together during the most fun week of my life, also known as my trip to visit her in the Caribbean. If I could I'd go back there for New Year's every year! The leg in the lower left corner is one of B's friends who hung out with us. She's become a friend of mine through Facebook chat and MSN over the past year. Scratch what I said earlier about New Year's- If I could I'd go back there right now and never leave.

I don't know who to tag. If you see this and think it's a fun idea, do it!

11 comments:

Heff said...

Awesome picture of you. You totally ROCK - although SOMEDAY, I hope technically advanced doctors come up with a safe way to surgically remove that "green tape" from your eyes !

AND BE CAREFULL WITH THAT WASHING MACHINE !

Again, YOU F'IN ROCK !

Another David said...

People getting laid is never really a bad thing, as long as you take it at face value and so on and so forth.

And did I just get upgraded to Favorite David? I think I did :)

Unknown said...

A. Going home will always involved doing stuff for your parents or being told to do something by them. This, I am finding, does not change. B. Dancing is the best ever. Seriously folks. I really is.

Anonymous said...

ha! no matter how old you are, whenever you're at home you're just a kid again! and it doesn't get any better when you have your own house... my parents were over for dinner last night & my mom rearranged all the fruit in the fruit stand in my kitchen... parents, what more can be said?!

Kenneth Lobb said...

Leave it to me to mention your story-writing skills, but I have to give you yet another 'A' for great writing. You knit together your scenes of youthful trial and error nicely.

Keep talkin' and I'm listenin'.

Hex said...

Even when the emotions and such are cloudy and hard to read, is there anything sexier than the kind of determination that starts at the beginning of a night and doesn't stop until you both get what you want?

Enjoy the break. I miss having those come up in the spring.

Let me know if you need rescuing -- I'll bring the flying Malcolms.

Melissa said...

Love this post. Have a great break!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Sounds like you're enjoying your time together, so I think you're right in not over-thinking it. Enjoy your break!

JerseySjov said...

heff: im going for an annual checkup tomorrow, i'll ask about tape removal possibilities ;) i'm flattered that you think i rock!

another david: i'm interested to see what happens after break with me and him... and you are definitely my favorite blogging david :)

boomka: which is why i've decided to only come home when it's absolutely necessary. thanks for stopping by, come back soon!

egos: parents- wouldn't be alive without them, can't have a life with them

kenneth lobb: thank you! i come from a long line of loudmouth storytellers :)

hex: i daresay there is nothing sexier than getting what you want in that way. i'm very glad someone else appreciates the flying malcolms the way i do, haha!

melissa: thanks for stopping by, i'm glad you liked my post :)

dr ken: as a frequent reader of my blog you have to know how hard it is for me to not overthink about something, but i'm really trying!

Fuegita said...

Hey, I found your blog through 20sb. Thought I would say hi.
Where I went to college there was a liquor store called The Library, so after drinking some, it wouldn't be unusual to go to the library.

Mr O said...

I'm curious what your friends said (maybe you already have given the details and I need to catch up) but I am a little worried about this romp with the wasp. Only because I have been in a similar situation and it's really hard to put feelings aside. It's doable, but really hard (man, was that sentence a double meaning or what?)

I'm late, but I hope your break went well. I shall find out...