I've been home since 11-ish on Monday night. I've slept, eaten, and watched tv. I'm bored out of my skull. I can't stand it. Not to mention that my laptop has been more obnoxious and slow than usual. When my Dad's beloved antivirus thinger decides to update or scan, nothing else works for 5-10 minutes. It doesn't have any indicator when it's about to go, so all of a sudden I'll try to send an IM or look at someone's facebook pictures and it just won't work. Very much not cool.
At least I've gotten work done on my projects for my friends, and hope to wake up before the post office closes tomorrow so that I can send B's and TA's out.
I read in my Grammy's Women's World Weekly magazine that you can dye hair with tea. Since our pantry has more tea bags than a highschool football team hazing [ba-dum-tish!] I might give it a try. I also read in there something about a giveaway from a shoe website, but I can't remember which one and that's pretty unfortunate.
I don't know why, but it drives me fucking nuts when my dad falls asleep on the couch when I'm watching tv. He gets home from work at about 8, eats dinner, and sits down to watch tv with me. He makes not funny dad comments, and without fail is snoring by 10:30. He wakes up around 1:30 and says "Guess I fell asleep there, haha!" and goes on upstairs. I mean I get that he probably wants to spend time with me, but why can't he just go to bed when he gets tired?
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Maybe it makes him feel like a kid when he falls asleep on the couch watching TV.
Without fail, my mother falls asleep on the couch 4-5 days a week. It makes my daddy so sad. I would just like to tell you that you are beyond lucky to get time to relax. I am pulling my third all nighter in two weeks tonight just so I can stay on top of all the work I have to do. I am super jealous of you.
I can't wait to make not funny dad comments and annoy my daughter.
Be careful with the teabag thing, just seems a tad strange.
"more tea bags than a highschool football team"
instantrimshot.com
Brilliant.
Also, can I just say that I always can count on you to pick out the FUNNY comments of my posts that NO ONE ELSE seems to get?
So thank you for that.
tf: possible. but i think kids are usually better at staying awake?
jerseyag: i still don't understand what i'm doing right/wrong considering that i very, very, very rarely have to get that keyed up about school
dr ken: i think that's a secret aspiration of many men
mnwhr: since i haven't gotten around to it yet i probably won't do it, at least not soon
so@24: you're welcome and right back atcha, considering how very proud of myself i was for writing that teabag thing.
Post a Comment