Friday, February 8, 2008

Ears


Can we talk about how yuck my ears are right now? As of earlier this week they've been swollen, red, itchy, and flaky around my piercings. Which wouldn't be too weird, but I've had 2 of them for a year now. They're making me really self-conscious, and I want to constantly touch them to see if they've gone down or feel normal again. TA has been having issues with her snug, so she and I went to the local pierce-atorium to get things looked at. Evidently it's just some local irritation and I have to give my ears sea salt soaks and if things don't improve in 2 weeks I should go back for re-evaluation.
So now I just need to find some cotton balls.

Last week I made a profile on a free dating site out of curiosity and boredom.
It's been fun to see how people talk when they're trying to impress you, even though all they know about you is a picture and a paragraph. So far, out of the 30 or so people who have contacted me, I've 'met' 2 that aren't total psychos/ completely boring/ creepy old men/ 7-foot-tall WoW nerds with Latin screennames. Yes, I was contacted by a 7-foot-tall WoW nerd with a Latin screenname. Not to sound pompous but I'm way better looking than someone who would date a 7-foot Latin-speaking WoW player. Okay, that is kind of pompous, but seriously.
As of right now I have no intentions of ever meeting up with any of these people for real, but hey, who knows, right?

I've been editing my About Me/ What I'm Looking For on the site today, and I want to get some opinions on it from people who don't know me in real life and who also aren't trying to solicit me for sex:
Heya. I'm here to find someone to talk to; I'm tired of meeting people with whom I can't seem to connect.
A little about me, then: I'm 20. I'm currently a sophomore at a rather nice private liberal arts university. I love dancing (as in ballet, jazz, not shaking my ass.) I also love dancing (as in shaking my ass.) I listen to all kinds of music except for free-form jazz and I'm always looking for something new and fresh. I have a couple unconventional piercings on my ears. I've been described as an awesome kisser. I wouldn't say I'm a pessimist; more like a realist with a bad attitude. I'm basically multi-faceted. I love hot wings.
I'd love to meet someone as passionate about the visual and performing arts as I am, but I'd be just as pleased with someone who has his own thing going on and is willing to share. Sense of humor is a must; high and low brow if at all possible. Nothing makes me happier than a guy who likes to dance. I'm not asking for tights, let's be realistic here, but don't be a wallflower. Tattoos and piercings are A-OK. Have a good head on your shoulders and don't be afraid of being a grown-ass man.
Would you want to date me if you read that?

8 comments:

thisdayandage said...

I like the description. I think it's accurate but it still makes you appealing. I would want to date you (even though I might be biased because I sort of already do).

and your ears aren't that bad, despite what Little [Jacked] Freshman Buddy said. he's not very good with ladies.

Anonymous said...

I love it. I'm new but thats a great profile. The last sentance though would seal the deal for me, I would not be able to help hitting you up. Thats definately a bill I can fill!

Damn does my comment mean I can't now solicite you for sex???
haaaaaaaaaaaa

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I had a dating site that was good to me for a number of years, but I recently took my profile down, having met a great gal, without the help of a computer.

I always saw it as a good back-up plan, when the horizon gets bleak.

Just Wandering... said...

1.) using "shaking your ass" in your About Me section is going to attract pervy guys (i.e.- those old enough to be your father)
2.) "more like a realist with a bad attitude" <-- FUCKIN LOVE IT
3.) Should I feel dumb that I have NO CLUE what a WoW nerd is?!?!?

JerseySjov said...

ta: good thing we already have v-day plans

sage: please don't solicit me for sex.

dr ken: right now i'm just having fun fielding messages and occasional ims. i'm still holding out for the real world.

jw: 1- good point. there's a setting that i altered so that no one outside of the 20-25 age range can message me, but i might think about changing that anyway.
2- thanks, haha
3-WoW= world of warcraft.

IGICS said...

ive never heard of a str8 man that dances.

JerseySjov said...

igics: oh, they're out there.

Anonymous said...

Damn
ok deal.