Friday, August 13, 2010

Now Is Not The Time To Piss Off Your Friends

So I'm moving on Sunday. I was up until 4 am last night packing; I still have a few things [about one storage bin's worth; this amount becomes important later] floating around, but for the most part it's logically crammed into boxes. I think I have Roomie enlisted to help me on the actual day. JB says she'll be around but I'm not so sure about her.

JB has been a huge problem for Roomie and I lately. It started when Roomie and JB's brother went on their first date, and it's only gotten worse since JB met the guy she's seeing a few weeks ago. She was never around our apartment much to begin with, but now she's getting pissed off when Roomie and I have agendas that don't revolve around sitting at the apartment waiting for her to show up so that the three of us can hang out. JB has been being really bitchy at Roomie for not wanting to chill, saying that she's always around and that Roomie and I are the ones who are ditching her.
First of all, I can't count the times that JB begged out of plans with us to hang out with her awful codependent boyfriend. [Even now, they're "not together," she's dating a new guy, but she still referred to "our 6-year anniversary" in the present tense.] Secondly, I'm "ditching" her as often as Roomie does, but she doesn't say shit to me because she knows I'll just throw the bitch right back at her. Third, JB has become totally unreliable since she met her new guy- she borrowed [more like highjacked] one of my storage bins weeks ago and has been forgetting to bring it back so that I can pack and she promised to print out forms for our landlord at her parent's house and I haven't seen them.

The final straw, the reason I'm writing this post, is that she hypocritically breaks plans with us at the last minute for no reason. JB and I were supposed to spend the whole day together. On Wednesday she made plans with me and another friend to go out on Thursday, spend the night in the apartment, then get an early start to go to the beach near the house she's moving in to. Instead, she never showed up and I got a text an hour and a half after we were planning on leaving this morning saying "im gonna go to the beach next week- ill explain later but today doesnt really make sense." I'm not available to go to the beach next week, and I'm pretty sure her explanation for not being able to go is "Well, I wasn't in town like I promised I would be, so I couldn't follow through on the plans I made with you, instead choosing to just not let you know that things had changed."

Her flaking out throws off my plans for the next couple days. Ex-Roomie moved to Boston and is having a get together at her new place tonight. Had I gone to the beach with JB, she would have driven us to the city. Now, I have to drive to her house, she's going to drive to her guy's house, he's going to drive us to the T. During the original phases of planning for the day, she somehow forgot that I'd be stranded in Boston if she didn't go home and set up a date with her guy for Saturday. However now she's saying that he's being sketchy about it so it might not happen, but she couldn't commit to coming back to the apartment for Saturday night even though she said [with no prompting on my end] that she could borrow her mother's SUV so that I can bring my bed to my new place easily.
She's been at her parent's house for the past week, but when I asked her what the situation was, she said that her mom hadn't been home. Her mother does not have a job that takes her away from the house at unusual hours or days at a time, so that means either JB just hasn't asked her yet or JB is the one who hasn't been at home.

Since Roomie is dating the guy who will be my new roommate, I can only hope that she'll be willing to drive out there with me. [Actually, since she's there now, I can only hope that she comes home between now and Sunday and is willing to drive back out there with me.] [Actually actually, I hope she comes home now because I need my gps if I'm supposed to drive to JB's house for our shenanigans tonight.] Her car is much bigger than mine, not sure if it's bed-sized, but we might be able to cram the rest of my stuff in there.

Another complication with tonight is that I have to give the WASP a ride to JB's house before we all go in to the city. And tomorrow I'm going to have to bring him and D back to town. I'm a nervous driver to begin with, and it really only gets worse when other people are in the car; the WASP does have a license but I don't know how he feels about driving other people's cars...

Well, hopefully the next few days work out the way that everything seems to work out for me. Just gotta stay calm and keep my chin up. I'm glad I found a crazy straw in my desk last night; it's really cheering me up right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the move J. I hope everything works out for you!

Anonymous said...

Hope the move goes well.

All the best, Boonsong

JerseySjov said...

cap & boonsong: thanks!

Another David said...

Hate HATE HATE FLAKES! My friends from highschool are all super flakey. I had a party, which turned out to be awesome, but out of the six or so who said they'd show up, two did. WTF?! Admittedly, I flaked out on some friends last night, but I told them I didn't want to see Scott Pilgrim in the first place, so they should have expected it.