The night out in Boston was ridiculous to say the least. Here's how it broke down:
-I cook the WASP dinner then he and I drive to JB's parent's house. The WASP brainstorms the train: "What if, instead of driving, you could sit in a room, drink, and get to where you want to go in like two hours?"
-JB drives us to her new guy's house
-We play landmines. In less than an hour JB and I had 4 beers and the WASP had 8
-Ex-Roomie kept on texting me to get our asses out of there, but the WASP was interested in pounding beers to "catch up" [with who I'm not sure] and JB was interested in flirting with her guy to care
-JB's guy drove us to Ex-Roomie's place. It's incredible; it looks like a nice timeshare or really clean vacation home. There are giant ceramic roosters ["cocks"] all over the place for no apparent reason.
-Jagerbombs
-Ex-Roomie dressed me up since all I had was a t-shirt and flip-flops. She's never getting back the top I borrowed [drapey black T with neat crochet detail on the back], but the shoes can go to hell. Serves me right for borrowing strappy wedges that are 2 sizes too small.
-Jagerbombs
-T ride to the bar
-Get to the bar. Round of tequila sunrises
-Dancing around with JB and some girls who had graduated a few years ago we found by surprise in front of the live band
-Round of giant beers
-Guys start to take notice of the cute drunk girls dancing with each other, start creeping
-Guy buys me a tequila sunrise, finds out I have a boyfriend, gets mean look from Ex-Roomie, runs away
-More dancing
-Another round of tequila sunrises
-Yelling over music, dancing, sipping
-Bar closes, the party moves out to the sidewalk
-JB's guy pulls up in his car out of nowhere, JB and I jump in. I'm not sure how Ex-Roomie, the WASP and our other guy friend got back to Ex-Roomie's apartment
-When Kevin, who I had of course been texting all night, hears that I'm at JB's guy's house, he suggests I come over
-JB's guy drives me to Kevin's house. I can only imagine what he thought when I rolled up with my makeup sweated off, reeking of tequila, no shoes on
-I pass out diagonally across Kevin's bed
I will say that I felt a little uncomfortable having to be in the car alone with the WASP for the trips up to and back from JB's parent's house. We were chatting and having a good laugh for almost all of the time, but I still don't know what to do about addressing the fact that I'm obviously in a relationship with someone else. I mean, there's no way he doesn't know, but he hasn't asked any questions about it and I'm uncomfortable bringing it up unprovoked. We're basically acting like nothing happened between us, and while I'm glad to not have lost him as a friend, it's completely weird to not talk about this new big part of my life.
I stole my storage bin back from JB yesterday afternoon; once I stuff it with my few remaining bits of ish I'll be ready to move. Roomie and Kevin both have decently-sized cars and they've both promised to be here tomorrow morning to help.
[Update: Roomie texted me at TWO AM telling me she couldn't help. JB didn't let me know AT ALL that she confirmed borrowing her mother's car, but when I texted her about bailing on this meeting we had with one of her friends she said she'd be around AFTER SIX to help. This pushes my whole day back EIGHT HOURS. And now I'm not sure if Kevin can help. Not great.]
In the upcoming week, I hope to unpack, buy one of these portable closet thingers if my room doesn't have adequate dress storage space, find a library, open a new bank account, rework my sleep schedule, and have as much sex with Kevin as humanly possible. Speaking of Kevin, I added a new tag for posts that deal with him: "man" to differentiate him from the "boys" I used to write about, ha!
Okay, it's way past my bedtime. Send me good moving vibes tomorrow!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good moving vibes to you!
Good vibing moves too.
Have a great day, Boonsong
I looked up landminds, and I like that it's coinvented by a guy named "The Jew."
Congrats on the new manfriend. Why can't you just say to WASP, "How's your love life?" And then he probably will ask you back, and then you can talk about Kevin right quick.
Sounds like a great time was had by all!
Hope the move goes perfect and you get all the help you need!
So there's this girl I hooked up with a while ago and we're now hooking up again, but in between we were kind of doing that whole "we're just going to pretend like nothing happened so we can be friends" thing. It takes getting used to, but we managed to be just friends for the entire three years I had a girlfriend, then started making out a couple hours after seeing each other the first time after the breakup. So... yeah. Look out for that.
Good luck with the big move! Loving the new tag :-)
Just checkin' in !
boonsong: haha! thanks
dr ken: it's just so awkward because we never talked about that kinda stuff before.
ang: it worked out in the end, but it stressed me out for a whole day
another david: i don't anticipate seeing the wasp around with any frequency, but i do feel myself being uncomfortably guarded around him
shayna: i like it, too ;)
heff: always a pleasure to have you around!
Post a Comment