So here we go.
Why You Should NOT Want to Date JS:
1. I'm shy about expressing my feelings.
I wear my heart on my face, so people who know me well can tell what's up, but it's oftentimes hard for new people to read me. I know that if I don't get my feelings out to someone I'm interested in, they can't possibly know what I'm thinking. I would like to be able to be more open but after being embarrassed so many times it's hard to be willing to keep getting on the horse.
2. I seem to not care about anything.
I have always taken school very lightly [right now I'm still not doing French homework because I just have no fire under my ass about it] and have been very lax about thinking about the future lately. I have passions -I wouldn't want to live if I couldn't dance- but they aren't "productive" in a way that boosts my GPA or makes me money, so it definitely reflects poorly on me. I'm also fairly stoic when it comes to handling emotional events; I usually handle being upset by closing off until I have everything tied back into place.
3. I'm busy.
I have a lot on my plate between classes, work, Dance Group, and the musical. I wouldn't have the time to go on a lot of traditional overwrought dates, and often have sudden changes in my schedule that force me to prioritize last-minute.
4. I'm self-centered.
I tell strangers on the internet about my life and expect them to care. Enough said.
5. I've never been in a relationship.
On all the matchmaker shows they ask everyone "How long ago did your previous relationship last? How long ago did you break up?" My one and only "official" relationship [meaning we called each other boyfriend and girlfriend] lasted less than 4 months and ended 4 years ago. If I haven't been able to get anyone to be with me in any sort of real long-term fashion, there's clearly something wrong with me.
6. I get mine.
I have no qualms with getting physical with someone if I'm not in a relationship with them. I'm not dumb: I'm fully aware that one-night stands never lead to relationships, and that guys tend to not want relationships with girls they can get with in one night. I must be wrong, but I don't consider myself a vile/worthless person because I played the "wild single years" game. You'd think a guy would want a girl who was totally open-minded in bed the way I am, but you'd be wrong. To clarify, I would never cheat on a boyfriend, but I don't think there's something wrong with having 2 or 3 guys on call when nobody's getting emotionally invested.
7. I'm a big complainer and a gossip.
"The only thing better than having a good time is having a bad time and complaining about it." Most of the time I'm not actually as distraught about the things or people that I burble on about, but it's fun to me to get frothed up about something. This gets complicated when people try to help me out and I brush them off because I wasn't really listening to what I was saying. Which brings us right back to #s 1 and 2 of my list.
What are the reasons that people should avoid being with you?
Do you think I left anything major off my list?
*Later*
I didn't sleep at all tonight because [I'm avoiding blaming anyone for anything they might have done in the past 24 hours that would have stressed me out this much...] I suddenly became quite concerned about my not doing French homework situation and decided to stay up until I was inspired enough to get some of it done. It took almost 8 hours -during which time I created a new iTunes playlist, updated my dating profile, realized I should have been doing this homework for the past few weeks because I'm totally lost- but I think I have what's expected of us for today. I hope I remember to post on my online Soc seminar forum today because I forgot to do it two weeks ago and that's kind of an important part of my grade.
Meanwhile, check out this picture I found in the depths of my picture folders- It's a page from my 6th grade yearbook with "who did they turn out to be in highschool" eyebars. I post it now because The Gancer just had an entry about your worst hairstyle...

8 comments:
"but I don't think there's something wrong with having 2 or 3 guys on call when nobody's getting emotionally invested."
Future wife, is that you?
I'm pretty unwilling to accept a list of flaws that isn't followed up with a list of strengths.
and not fer nothing, but the goths in my 6th grade class looked a lot different than the one in yours ;)
well shit. this is a way to look at myself from outside and be completely frightened.
http://jessicadruck.blogspot.com
I just attempted to make a list of my own flaws... no bueno.
And my elementary school yearbook? Pretty sure a third of them are in jail or well on their way :/
I 100% agree on the one labelled "hottie"! Except didn't you say he had sideburns in HS? I hate sideburns, even though you seem to think they make guys hotter...
O.K., I'm sold. I'll never ask you out.
BTW - Heff's Bar And Grill returns 02/24/2010.
"If I haven't been able to get anyone to be with me in any sort of real long-term fashion, there's clearly something wrong with me."
That's crazy talk. Pure craziness.
This was entertaining and insightful, I may have to do my own list at some point. Then I could figure out where the hell I went wrong haha
rob: the important part of that sentence was the first bit, about not cheating!
hex: ask and ye shall receive. also that kid was a goth in highschool, but hadn't yet stumbled across the scene at age 12.
jessica druck: i figure that it's better to be aware of your flaws than to walk around thinking your business don't stank :)
another david: i just wrote a list of pros, which made the exercise a lot more positive.
sarah: haha, he now goes to school down the road from me and that drives me nuts! btw facial hair makes all men better.
heff: your loss ;) i'm very excited about the return of the bar and grill!
mr o: it was indeed surprisingly insightful for me. i hope you write a list for yourself; i'm very interested to see what other people would write about themselves!
Post a Comment