Saturday, November 7, 2009

Update from the Couch

I've been tied to my sofa since waking up at 11 this morning. Remember how I was sick earlier this week? Apparently drinking half a jug of wine then staying up until 2 in the morning isn't so great for the healing process.

In my defense, I started my sangria-soaked adventure because Dance Group had a dinner in honor of one of our graduated girls who came back to visit for the weekend. Getting hammered when you're doing it for a friend is an admirable act, in my eyes.
Of course, when you're already not quite well, crack open the Carlo Rossi before you order, and haven't eaten anything that day, you might find yourself taking a short break from the conversation to heave up your pan-fried noodles at 7:30pm.
Then, you might mooch as much free stuff off your roommate who works at the hookah bar, while texting a guy you met on your dating site over a year ago and have him drive an hour and a half to finally meet you in person. After that, you might only last two hours before you realize that you have to put yourself to bed or pass out on your table.
Once you get home, you won't be able to sleep until you vom again at 4 in the morning, at which point you realize that you'll be useless at being a theater mentor the next day and so you send a slew of desperate texts to your friends telling them that you're sick but leaving out the part where you drank your face off, and now you owe one of your girls a big one for being the ultimate champion of the world and taking over your mentorship for the day. Finally, you settle down for a day of movies on ABC Family and a Spongebob marathon, wondering when you'll not be afraid to eat or drink something.

I'm not sure how I got off the first-person track, but that's how I've been behaving over the past 24 hours. Hopefully I'll be able to just chill tonight without too much pressure to shower and hang out with real people.
Unless a hot guy texts me. Then I'm out of here.

4 comments:

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

I was with you until "spongebob". Jug o' Wine is a cruel cruel mistress.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

All the hot guy has to do is text and it's on? I miss college . . .

Trixie Firecracker said...

Aw! Well I hope you feel better! Try to get some bread into your system - it helps!

JerseySjov said...

tr: carlo rossi is so good to me and yet so terrible to me.

dr ken: well..he'd have to text and pick me up for the walk me over to his place.

tf: a 2-liter bottle of coke zero is my hangover cure. i dont know what it is [probably mostly the caffeine] but if i can get some of that it me i feel great