I have a profile on a free dating site. I've never met anyone from it; I pretty much just used to log on and talk to guys on the site's messenger to kill time when I lived by myself last semester. Lately I only go on when I get an email telling me that I have a new private message. They're usually pretty boring one-liners like "Hey beautiful, wanna chat?" "You are so pretty I'd love to meet you", "You seem kind of cool, message me back", etc, but today I got one that I just have to share:
hello am [name] in i really want to meet u so how maybe we can meet on yahoo this is ma id [yahoo id] try to add me so we can talk do u know u are beautiful if u dont then u are u look so nice i will like to to meet u have anice day am in [your town] to so we can meet any time u we want to this is ma line u can call me when u really want to talk to me i reall want to [phone number]
Really? REALLY? Other than the stuff in brackets I didn't change a thing. There's no punctuation, an evident poor grasp of English grammar, an irresponsible use of the space bar, not to mention the clever use of the letter U for the word "you." I say on my profile that I'm in a good school and that I want guys with good spelling and grammar skills. I mean, a lot of guys don't bother to read my profile what with me looking the way I do, but still. Is this what average guys think turns girls on? It's laughable.
This is why I use guys as just-friends and living sex toys.
Well as of yet, at least; I have almost 80 things on my Oprah guy-trait list and once I finish it I'll find my perfect guy. Or so the legend goes.
I went out with some of the Capoeira guys -my crush included. He came back on Tuesday; he wears sneakers instead of going barefoot to protect the injury- and one of the girls tonight for dinner after practice. We might be taking a group trip to the movies tomorrow, so everybody traded numbers. So now my crush and I have each others' numbers. Teehee.
I went out to dinner last Saturday with two of the guys [my crush not included] and then to one of their apartments for a movie and general shenanigans. All of the Capoeira people are really easy to hang out with and I don't feel awkward around them even though I've only known them since September. I totally love how they're so proactive about inviting me places since I'm actually kind of shy and not good at asking people to do things.
Now that I'm thinking about my friends...I always seem to find myself with two groups of friends who never mix. In highschool I had a tight group of 4 girls and a larger co-ed group that would party and hook up with each other. Freshman year through January of last year, I had ex-Roommate, a string of guys that I hooked up with and then the Dance Group girls. Once I moved out, I started hanging out with TA more but still spent a lot of time with the Dance Group girls. And now I have Dance Group and the Capoeira people.
Anyone else have a situation like this?
I don't spent nearly enough quality time with TA anymore, which sucks since she's going abroad next semester [which you'd know about already if she ever updated her blog anymore], but she's always either sportsing or with her new boyfriend [which is probably why she never updates anymore]. Sad.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
if we don't have a team thing tomorrow night, we are definitely drinking in the 306. so come by. this entry made me sad, and made me feel disconnected from you and everyone else. if we do something, I'll let you know. but come alone so we can catch up. that sounds creepy, but I'll let you know. I love you :)
and my sportsing will be done in a week or two at most. very soon.
and I haven't heard a confirmation on london yet. so we shall see...
maybe we can meet on yahoo this is ma id?
Classy.
I didn't know lolcats hit the dating sites.
Ok, seriously? Eeew. I know my grammar sucks too sometimes, but that was just ridiculous.
Props on the Oprah list!! You are so far!
The different groups of friends is all good , because it shows that you have friends from different demographics or social groups, this is much better then just being friend with only one small group of people.
I have always had this problem too. My groups of friends don't mix really.
In highschool I had the "waterpolo pop kids group" but was also friends with the basketball team , esp the guys from these two groups barely mixed. And then I was also friends with "less cool" people like the schoolpaper kids.
I thought this whole being friends with different groups would change in College but it didn't. It was like signing group girls, internationals, latinas, and then well you guys.
In college though it was easier because I would just hang out with different groups.
Sometimes it's really hard though. It's especially hard back home when I would try to host parties because I would want to invite everyone but would constantly worry if it would make things awkward.
And since I always think all these people are really cool people it always makes me wonder why is it that they don't mesh or mix?
Anyways I just wrote an essay.
Maybe having the two separate groups of friends is a blessing, if one group irritates you, you have the other.
That message reminded me of a call I used to get from a sketchy hispanic guy that I didn't know and all he would say is "I love you I love you I love you!"
The things men think they can get away with!
ta: i loved having you over so that we could chat about manboys. i know that you'll figure out how to balance your sched.
hex: 'I didn't know lolcats hit the dating sites' hahaha!
shands: when i had parties back home i'd just think 'social constructs be damned' and invite everyone, haha
mnwhr: very true.
tf: the worst thing is that there are definitely girls who would go for that stuff!
Post a Comment