Monday, May 5, 2014

Working

I've got a few projects going on at home, which always makes me happy. I like having some things to take my mine off the fact that my only job is going to doctor's offices. I finally got in to see a PCP, who referred me to a gyn and derm, then sent me for a bone density scan after which she wants me to see an endocrinologist...between those and my regular biopsies I'm seeing medical professionals almost every week. I also want to get my eyes checked and it probably wouldn't kill me to see a dentist and get my errant filling fixed (again).

When I'm not wearing a backless gown and sitting on paper, I've been putting together a scrapbook/guestbook for my friend's bridal shower. I'm also supposed to be making lace runners for the tables, which is pretty stupid but I didn't pay for the supplies so I'm just going to keep my yap shut and get my glue gun going. The shower is this Saturday so I need to really get going with it...I've been avoiding the task for weeks because, as I said, I think it's stupid. Much as I love my friend, her taste runs a little cheap so when I make a page I think looks really nice I wonder if she'll like it.

I painted my nails for the first time in forever a few days ago. I did a little contrast thing and I can't figure out if it's cool or stupid. J didn't get it and thought the tan part was just chipped off and not purposeful. What does he know anyway?
Seriously is this cool or stupid
After taking off for pretty much the entire month of April, I'm trying to get back to a regular yoga/workout routine. Last year I participated in a challenge at my studio to take 30 classes in 40 days. I ended up taking 33...They're holding the challenge again and I'm thinking about signing up so that I feel some semblance of obligation to go to class. I don't think I'll make the 30, but any routine is better than none.
This past weekend I went to a new studio's open house and did a barre class as well as yoga. My legs got a serious beating! I signed up for the full-length version of the barre class tomorrow. We'll see if I can walk at all on Wednesday. It's a good hurt, though. Makes me feel good to have aches and pains that weren't surgically inflicted upon me.

20 minutes later I kicked over my half-full water bottle
I also have a good plan for my 20sb cooking contest entry. I'll make it and post with pictures tomorrow. I don't know if it's a winner but I think it should taste pretty good and that's all that really matters.

4 comments:

Gloria said...

I think maybe do some sort of sparkle on that top half next time for a little more contrast (I'm thinking teenage dream by OPI), or maybe even a white or coral. But otherwise, no I don't think your nails look dumb. Boys don't understand nail polish.

Also, curious about your cooking contest entry but I know it'll be good. Everything you make seems so damn good all the time.

Glad you're doing well. Sending you tons of love from the west coast and reminiscing back to the days of TDAA, spring break with you and GayBF, and Dalat dates.

Brittany SSP said...

I like the nails! But I paint strips, polka dots, & a bunch of other things on mine. My hubby hates it...but as long as the person wearing it is happy that's what matters IMO.

Cassie said...

I like your nails too. I think the line is too smooth to look like it was just chipped off. It looks intentional to me.

JerseySjov said...

Gloria: that was the best spring break ever... even better than my spring break senior year when i got gum surgery and spent the week all fucked up on codeine pills

DA Britt: I used to always have my nails done but for whatever reason stopped. I've been spending more time looking at hipstery nail stuff on pinterest/tumblr so I'm inspired

Cassie: to be fair, i had just redone them with tape before the pic so when he first saw them it was the best i could do freehand