I've been making song titles/lyric snippets my post titles lately, even though yous probably don't notice. When I set down to write this I thought that I'd start to have a little "Currently Playing" situation on the bottom of my posts with a link to listen to the title track, but I've decided against it. While I really like every song in my small itunes collection [right now at 1453 tracks], I can't claim that I have strong ties to most of the 583 artists and bands contained therein.
Sure, I have near-complete albums of my favorites -Beastie Boys, Regina Spektor, Basement Jaxx, Lady Gaga- but I download free mixtapes like it's my job and know all the tricks to get the best quality tracks out of my youtube ripper, so I have exposure to lots of different sounds and have the ability to easily acquire anything that causes a passing fancy; being plugged in to my Shuffle is always a jaunt through genres and decades, whereas Roomie can listen to exclusively Lil Wayne for several hours.
I'm always curious about what people think about my method of collecting a wide breadth of music with depth being a privilege earned by artists being interesting enough to keep my magpie-goldfish-hybrid attention span focused for more than a single. What do your itunes libraries look like?
Briga left campus on Wednesday. He finished packing earlier than anticipated and I was a little drunk so I had him come over for one last roll in the hay before never seeing him again. I know I've been giving him mixed messages, but he's been a bugaboo since getting home. He's made a few more comments about coming to visit over the summer, and my too-nice roommates haven't been helping out at all: "Oh, well, next weekend isn't good, and neither is the next one, but, ummm, I'm sure we'll see you!" No no no no no.
I'm a college graduate, dammit. I'm not going to date an 18-year-old. The question here is how to convey that to him. I can't break up with him because we were never dating, but I can't be held responsible for being a stanky bitch if he shows up at my apartment over the summer.
Segue alert: I particularly don't want Briga hanging around because the girls and I have been scheming a little scheme to turn the WASP around. They're better at playing these games than I am; here's what they've suggested: Flirt with him. On any given night I can either kiss him or sleep over with him [I had to fight a little to get them to agree to sleeping over]. Obviously don't engage in carnal relations with him. Make him think that I'm not hooking up with other guys- Go home with the girls first/don't leave parties with another guy.
JB and Roomie are pretty confident that he'll come around, but I'm not so sure. Lord save me, but I do love a project.
-Still haven't found a job for the summer/the rest of my life.
-One week and 2 days until commencement.
-Tonight we're having a party for Roomie's 21st birthday. We're going to dress classy and drink Jose Cuervo and PBR until the cows come home. I can predict with the utmost certainty that it will be a fun event.
-Happy Friday everybody!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Jose Cuervo and PBR? What is this lyrics to a country western song?
Good luck on the Project!
I was convinced that you were talking about 50 Cent. I was wrong. Very wrong.
Sounds like you will have a good time tonight and congrats about commencement. And good luck with both of your guy situations.
I had to start my library over because I have become anal and want everything organized. I almost want to show it off, does that make me a nerd?
I have to make request. If you come across a mixtape that you would recommend, can you send it my way? You know how to get a hold of me.
what? you're not old enough to date younger men. he must not have gotten the memo.
also, i like that you'll be dressing classy, but drinking PBR. ;)
my itunes library is smaller than yours, but mostly because i've only been working on it for 8 or 9 months, really. i download ~15 a month, so it's getting there.
sooo i slept with a girl while in new york, and now she's doing the same "i'm going to come visit you within a month!" thing. Is there a nice way to tell a girl "it was just sex?"
be careful trying to change people. he might seem to have changed, but then once you stop doing the things that were making him change, suddenly he'll go back to being good 'ol WASP.
Happy almost graduation! Looking foward to hearing more about the WASP action plan!
"I'm a college graduate, dammit"
Yeah, you're gonna use THAT statement A LOT in THIS job market....
Yes, congrats on almost graduation.
I'm happy for you with the graduation thing! I wish I could say ther are loads of jobs out there . . .
Good luck with the love life too! When guys get older, they grow out of most of those committment problems, but they have to lay 20 or 30 women first to get all the poison out. So, be patient . . .
caplyst: what country songs do you listen to? far as i know they all drink whiskey.
mr o: play on lyrics, ftw. of course i'll send anything cool your way!
the big show: apparently i have to wait until i'm 30 for men my age to act right, so F that.
david: unless both parties only want it to be just sex it's never just sex. write that down.
shayna: thanks! so far it's not going so well...
heff: college is the new highschool, nobody hiring people cares if youre a college grad. i only said it to prove a completely non-job-related point!
sadako: thank you :)
dr ken: i've still got my fingers crossed to find a sugar daddy. that actually solves both of my problems if i can find a nice older man to set me up for life.
Post a Comment