Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hell Week

Since the Dance Group show is Friday and Saturday, this past week we've all been living in the auditorium 6-midnight rehearsing. It's always really rough and stressful and awful, and this week has been no exception. I think since we're so used to just chilling with each other and goofing off it's hard to switch to getting things done. It doesn't help that one of the girls went and got sick and as a result about half of us are hacking up lungs and feeling sorer than necessary. I have a little coughing going on, I'm sore as fuck [but that has much more to do with dehydration and not stretching enough] and I haven't slept at normal hours since I can't remember. I'm exhausted; I will be ten different kinds of happy when we can just perform.
Here's a fun story- Tonight I leaned forward to look at one of the girls and somehow hit the back of an auditorium seat with my face. I have a little bruise on the bridge of my nose now, which matches the several dozen bruises on other parts of me from running into things, falling, etc etc. I look like the end of a Rocky movie, it's ridiculous.

I wasn't anticipating updating this week, but what do you know I have a couple assignments due tomorrow and I can't be bothered to do them yet. It's just a 1-2 pager about a video we had to watch online about how our generation is "growing up online" and then a journal describing my experience with not using technology to communicate for the past week [which will be more like me lying and/or making excuses].
If you're questioning why I still haven't learned to start things sooner you clearly didn't see my twitter update: I got an A- on that Trinity paper. Ka-Blam.

I haven't seen any of my guys that I like [Espada, the dancer, and the Freshman...I always like more than one; is that maybe why I can never settle in with one?] longer than in passing. No, wait- The dancer is performing in the show with some other people from the modern dance class, but he's not really been outwardly flirty at rehearsals and I've been too sweaty/tired/smelly to care. And I saw the Freshman in the caf when I was making weird faces and yelling at a competition dance video online with some other Dance Group girls. I went from wacked out to composed smile with a normal-sounding "Hey" in about a half a second when I saw him; I'm just that cool.

3 comments:

Trixie Firecracker said...

Well, that's a hell week if there ever was one, good luck with your performance!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Good luck with the performance. Wish you could make mine this weekend.

: (

www.woodsugars.com

Heff said...

Break a leg...I mean...You know.