Friday, December 19, 2008

All Good Things

Bro picked me up on Wednesday, we took a little roadtrip to so that I could get his girlfriend a ski pass [long story], I spent the night on Bro's futon, we visited some grandparents, and now I'm finally back in Jerseyland.
Boy update: I haven't spoken to Capoeira Guy since, well, you know, but I've had a couple texted convos with Espada [including one just last night] and he called me to go play Capoeira on Monday. I would have gone but I was in the throes of a finals-related breakdown and had a fever to boot.
Blog update: I added a fun new deelie-doo on my sidebar that's going to count up the days of break that I can hide my tattoo from my parents. Over Thanksgiving break my strategy was to wear socks all the time but I'm not sure that will totally work this time, especially if Mom decides to take me for a mani-pedi [which I cannot refuse; the salon we go to is fab].

J from Sex on the Beach tagged me in a meme, but instead of doing the one she tagged me for [and considering I have 100 random things about myself just a click away] I'm going to do this one that I found in my homegirl's Facebook notes.

1. Put Your iTunes on Shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write down the name of the song that plays no matter how silly it sounds!
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.
5. Tag some people.

If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
"Gossip Files" - Kanye West
['We are the shit, dog, they are the flies!' In other words: it's not just okay, it's great]

How would you describe yourself?
"Satellite" - Bosco
[I can be kind of spacey. Ba-dum-tish! Hopefully more puns to come]

What do you like in a guy/girl?
"Before He Cheats" - Carrie Underwood
[I suppose I would like the time I spend with a guy before he cheats on me]

How do you feel today?
"Stand By Me" - Ben E. King
[I am a little lonely tonight; I wish I had someone to snuggle with while singing this]

What is your life’s purpose?
"Long, Long Way From Home" - Foreigner
['Waiting, hours of waiting, I could feel the tension'...Yikes]

What is your motto?
"No Pause" - Girl Talk
[I do try to live moment-to-moment. And I freaking love my girl talk. Good job, shuffle]

What do your friends think of you?
"It's Not a Side-Effect of the Cocaine, I am Thinking it Must be Love" - Fall Out Boy
[Change 'Cocaine' to 'Weed' or 'Vodka' and this would be spot-on]

What do you think of your parents?
"Midnight Confessions" - The Grass Roots
[Not so much, but ok]

What do you think about very often?
"Rehab" - Amy Winehouse
[Not very often, just when I'm wicked hungover. Which is like, once a month, max...]

What is 2 + 2?
"My Guitar Wants to Kill your Mama" - Frank Zappa
[More like 'Math Makes Me Want to Kill your Mama']

What do you think of your best friend?
"Go" - Blink-182
[They're all leaving me next semester to GO abroad]

What do you think of the person you like?
"Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran
[I'd like to straddle his line of discord and rhyme, if you know what I mean]

What is your life story?
"Come Sail Away" - Styx
[Cheesy, melodramatic, kind of lame, but totally epic at the same time. Perfect]

What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Poor Little Rich Boy" - Regina Spektor
['You're so goddamn young' I'm never gonna grow up]

What do you think of when you see the person you like?
"Pin" - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
[I never really listened to the lyrics before this: It goes 'I like to sleep with him' haha!]

What will you dance to at your wedding?
"I Walk the Line" - Johnny Cash
[Nice song, but I'd never marry someone country enough to play this at our wedding]

What will they play at your funeral?
"Badlands" - Bruce Springsteen
[Only if everyone gets a copy of the lyrics at the door and sings along]

What is your hobby/interest?
"Paradise City" - Guns 'N' Roses
[I'm a pretty girl and green grass is nice]

What is your biggest fear?
"The Hives are Law, You are Crime" - The Hives
[It would be weird if I had a song called 'Sharks, Car Crashes, and Spiders']

What is your biggest secret?
"Ayo Technology" - 50 Cent
[I have an online dating site profile. Not to mention this blog!]

What do you think of your friends?
"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" - The Beatles
[This works because my friends are bouncy and occasionally babble]

What will you put as the title?
"All Good Things (Come to an End)" - Nelly Furtado
[I'll just put up the first part to avoid freaking anyone out]

That was fun!
The only times I cheated were to skip over band repeats [itunes was having a very pro-Girl Talk night over here], so good for me. I hope you are all wildly impressed with all the different kinds of music I listen to and think that I'm a more interesting person having seen this cross-section of my itunes.
As for tags: any of you people that read my blog - that is: J, Trixie Firecracker, TA, Hex, Mnwhr, Kilter, etc?- can go for it.

P.S. to TA: I just noticed that I only talked about JB going away in my last post, but babygirl you know I'm going to miss your face. I love you!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Haha i wanna listen to "Pin" now.
I will now write a song called Sharks, Car Crashes, and Spiders in the hopes someone gets it in this situation,

Trixie Firecracker said...

I am liking the new sidebar thing. "Pin" is an interesting song, not that I've ever really paid attention to the lyrics but still.

thisdayandage said...

I suppose that is acceptable sjovs. I am going to miss you and please please please come to london if you scrape together the funds... <3

JerseySjov said...

alicia: good thing we just started that band, right?

tf: thanks re: the new sidebar thing; it's one of my new favorite toys

ta: i will try my darndest to get funds