I ended up signing on for the 30-day yoga challenge. It ends in 5 days. I took 2 classes in the first 2 days and haven't been back since. Oops!
I haven't just been sitting on my ass, though.. My social calendar has been pretty full for the last several weeks. When I have a busy weekend, I tend to be wiped out for Monday and sometimes even Tuesday. Sure, I could be going to work out on Wednesday and Thursday, but I've somehow been fairly busy around the house.
I'm doing my best to not feel bad about being a huge fail yogi, can you tell?
One of the things I did was host a Hearts of Hope party. It's an organization that sends keepsake ceramic hearts to people in need. I was such a person in need last fall and since being home I've been wanting to pay it forward.
Other than a mild mess-up with the shipping, the party went off without a hitch. Far as I could tell everyone had a good time. There was a ton of food, more attendees than I had expected (then again I always expect nobody to show up), and no drama. Granted, it would be hard to stir up drama while painting a little heart for charity, but still!
J was excited because it was the first "adult" party he's ever hosted, meaning it happened during the day and nobody got drunk!
I only had to go back and fix one of them because it was decorated with 3 dour crosses, and that's not exactly hope inspiring nor is the organization affiliated with any religion. You might be able guess which one it is, but my idea is if you were the recipient and didn't know how it started you might not be able to pick it out.
As of now, they're still on my dining room table, all packed up and ready to go, because they forgot to include a return shipping label and still have not emailed it to me. I'm not about to spend my own money on it (less than charitable of me, but if you had my "income" you'd understand).
I'd highly recommend any bloggers looking for a fun gathering to host a painting party. They send you almost everything you need; the stuff they don't include -pretty much just something to cover your table and paper plates- can be picked up for $5 at WalMart. I asked the guests to bring an app or dessert to share and we ended up with a huge spread.
I'm most likely going to do it again next year...Definitely a feel-good event!
So now I need to get something off my chest that's making me feel like a crazy person:
I'm at the age where it seems like I'm going to one wedding after another. I have 2 in June alone!
What is making me feel a little nuts is that I've started compiling a "dream wedding registry." The last bridal shower I went to, the bride received 2 glass cake domes and a plastic travel version. I have known this girl for almost 10 years and she has never baked anything. No, that's not fair, she told me once that every night she bakes boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner... Clearly she was shanghied by the "fantasy" of BB&B, where she imagined herself as the type of wife who would need not one but 3 freakin' cake domes. I just want to be prepared!
I've strongly hinted to J that I'd like a ring soon after his graduation next May, so we'll see how soon I'll actually need my pretengistry.
Would it be less crazy if it was on Pinterest and not just hiding in my blog post drafts?
ETA:
I'm working on figuring out my July and my schedule is wonderfully devoid of one big detail... It will be the first month since LAST JULY that I don't have any appointments with medical professionals. Effin' a!
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am pretty sure I can spot the one with the crosses in it.
Also also...the whole wedding thing kills me. Also how old we are. I scrolled through my newsfeed one weekend and no joke, I saw the following: an engagement, a new baby, a pregnancy announcement, law school graduation photos, grad school photos, med school graduation photos.
WHAT IS THIS
Also I went to two weddings while I was on the east coast.
I bet he proposes next May.
Post a Comment