Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This Is Just the Beginning

Yikes, guys, it's really been a while since I've had time to actually set up in the liberry with the good word. Of course, you all know that means that I've been out being ridiculous instead of sitting around whining about whatever I whine about. Let me see if I can remember what all went down. I should really start taking notes.

The week after my last post was pretty uneventful. Work meeting, dance, etc.
On Sunday the 17th I went out with another internet guy. He brought me flowers [just one stem with a few flowers on it, nothing insane] and took me to a great sushi place. He came back to my place and we watched Wild Pacific for 3 hours. Before he left we kissed and that was pretty awesome.

During the week, on Tuesday or Wednesday, Roomie and I were walking to get burritos when the guy texted me something cute along the lines of "I'm going to stop being cool- when can I see you again?" He and I made tentative plans to chill on the weekend, with definite plans to solidify our plans later in the week.

On Thursday night, JB and Ex-Roomie both texted me with potential Friday night plans. JB wanted to go into Salem and Ex-Roomie was cooking up something with a lot of booze. I was half-asleep when they asked so I accidentally agreed to both.
During the day on Friday, I weighed my options and asked JB if I could bring my new guy along. She said it was fine so I shot him the idea to hang out with JB and her bf. After work, at about 5, JB texted "Hey, would a haunted house instead of Salem be ok?"
No problem. I told my guy to come over and we'd take it from there.
An hour later my guy was over and we were just dicking around waiting, since in the meantime JB had sprung on me that she was going out to dinner with her boyfriend. Over the next several hours I slowly but surely learned how bad of a friend JB has become since we graduated:
8:00- JS: What's happening?
8:45- JB: it's taking a little longer than planned. see you soon!
9:30- JS: What's the deal now?
10- JB: heading out soon!
11:30- JS: It does not take over an hour to get to my house
11:45- JB: Sorry! my boyfriend's mom has us at her house. We're all drinking. She's so funny!
JS: You do realize I've been sitting around all night waiting for you, right?
JB: Omg I'm so sorry, I didn't think you were waiting for me. Still want to hang out?
JS: I guess so. Just head over to my house and we can take it from there.
1- JB: Okay, heading up to my boyfriend's house now. We'll be there in like an hour and a half.
JS: You're kidding me, right?
Needless to say, I was pretty much ripshit at JB. It would have been nice of her to let me know that she wasn't just grabbing dinner with her bf and heading over. It would have been nice of her to let me know of ALL of the change-of-plans that went down BEFORE I texted her. Generally, when I make plans with someone, spur-of-the-moment shit gets shot down. Then again, I'm not as far up my own ass as she is. She can't realize how shitty she's been treating all of us as of late, so fuck her.

Silver lining: the guy and I spent a ton of time together getting to know each other. He showed up at my place at a little past 7 on Friday and didn't leave until Sunday mid-morning. We didn't have sex [another guy who doesn't like condoms. What is the deal with that?] but we did "everything but." During the decent daylight hours we made ravioli and baked cookies, drank a few beers, and talked for hours.
He asked me how I felt about lying to people about how we met, so there's definitely something cooking there. I think we decided that a friend of mine from highschool went to college with him. All of my friends know he's from the internet, though. And now yous guys do...Uh... Well that's my full-blog-disclosure for ya.

We've been texting a lot lately. He went out and bought a box of ultra-thin condoms and we're going to try and meet up on Friday when I head back to campus.
On Saturday Deals and I are going to Favorite Cousin's Halloween party, where we are sure to win best couples costume.

I only have 10 minutes of battery left and I'm surrounded by douchebags with too many things plugged on, so that's it for now.

6 comments:

Heff said...

Let us know how the condoms work out, lol !

Mr O said...

one of my biggest pet peeves is having to seek out that plans have changed. It's not the same situation as what you described, but like when plans are made and then I call that person to be like "see you Friday" and they are like "yea, about that." I don't care if plans change, just let me know, ya know?

Good luck with the guy situation. He sounds nice in that your night could have been super horrible but you ended up getting to know him. And having fun :)

P.S. I saw an Anchorman related quote on your facebook and wanted to reply with "go back to your home on whore island" but was afraid of the context haha. But I love that you randomly quote that movie

Ang said...

a) do we have a nickname for this boy or is it too soon?
b) Skyn condoms (made by.. lifestyles, I think) are pretty alright in the way of making it feel like.. less is there. ummmm... please know what I mean by that.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I'm not big on condoms either, but it's safe. I'm certainly not going to take a pass if it's the only way to get down. What the heck is with these fellas? ABC: Always Be Closing . . .

JerseySjov said...

Heff: as if i could stop myself from writing about it!

mr o: especially if that person claims, as jb does, that they hate when other ppl are late/break plans.

ang: no name for him yet! it's too soon! but i think i have a few of those skyn condoms lying around, glad to hear a positive review :)

dr ken: i KNOW. it's frustrating for me, too, because usually when i tell them "you have to use a condom" they just give up and roll over. we can still touch each other, you just can't put your p in my v!

Another David said...

I had that same conversation with a friend a few weeks ago. We were going to meet up at a bar with a couple other people, I had things to do the next day, and for TWO HOURS she kept talking about how they were so close they were just a little lost. Then all of a sudden they're on a bus and they'll be thereat midnight?! Fuck. That. Shit.

It's soooo frustrating :/