Friday, July 3, 2009

Quick Update!

To set the scene: I'm sitting on the couch wearing my "Class of 2013" shirt that I got at work watching two of my roomies move our enormous broken tv and set up our new fancy flatscreen. The Benny Hill music should be playing; they're ridiculous.

A metric butt-ton of stuff has been going on with me this past week, but I've been either too hungover, too busy, too drunk, or too at work to update. I spent some time at my desk drawing up a chart of the past week so that I could write a post with at least a sentence or two about what I've been up to, but everything needs a backstory and explanations and overthinking...

In shorty short: D broke up with my roommate he was dating, JB got laid, we made friends with our other roommate's boyfriend's band, we let a band from Long Island sleep on our living room floor for almost a week, I have the best job ever, I might have a new gay boyfriend, I was up until 5 in the morning talking to a gorgeous blond man, I got a haircut, the guy who decided we should "just be friends" has Facebook chatted me a bit, I'm a little bit in love with a 19-year-old violinist, JB moved in and to celebrate she and I drank almost a liter of whiskey.

I wish I was more on top of posting, because there's some really interesting [at least I hope it is?] stuff up there, and I know I'm going to be making references to it in upcoming posts and nobody will know what's going on, though I expect that some of yous don't care what I'm going on about anyway and just keep coming back in the hopes I've posted a new picture of me in my underpants.

We're trying to get a cookout happening here today, and hopefully some people will still be around tomorrow.
Happy early 4th of July! USA! USA!!

7 comments:

Osbasso said...

Actually, I find the pictures of you in your underpants as just a bonus. If you really loved us, we'd see the piercing! :-P

Trixie Firecracker said...

Nice weekend! How was that whiskey?

Kenneth Lobb said...

I see ten good topics in here, at least. And you're a good writer, I just wish you were a wee-e-e-e-e bit more prolific and regular with your posts. But real life is more important than writing about it, so enjoy!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

What a flurry of random topics! I think many would make for funny blog fodder, but that would require time to write.

JerseySjov said...

os: it's not that kind of blog ;)

tf: ohh girl the whiskey was cheap but it did its job

kilter: i log into blogger at least once a day with the intention of writing, but i get caught up reading other blogs, following links, and the next thing i know it's 3 hours later and i forgot what i was going to write in the first place!

tr: the thing is, that would all make sense and not be so random if i had been updating regularly *kicks self*

JerseyAg said...

He's my 19 year old violinist, damnit. I am much closer to him anyways, since I'm already in Europe.

JerseySjov said...

jerseyag: im talking about a 19 year old violinist who i know in real life. i didnt even know fairytale was 19.