Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hair = Meh

Went and got my hair done on my Mom's dime today. As I've mentioned, I've been trying to go lighter. However, going lighter means doing a thing called color-stripping that the girl I went to for this thing, and who I was planning on paying money to for this thing, didn't want to do. So I go in wanting lighter, not-weird-red hair and leave with darker weird-reddish hair. Great.
Forgive me for thinking that if you're going to drop $100+ on your hair you should walk out with something you went in for. I am so underwhelmed by the outcome, seriously.
Before: Weird light reddish on top, weird-red/meh-brown everywhere else
After: Weird-red/meh-brown everywhere, and "thanks" for the blowout aka breakage and frizz.

Misc. Afterthoughts: Good god I am pale. It was not worth missing the first ballet class of the summer for this. It's probably going to be another 5 years before my ass meets another stylist's chair. I wonder if I hurt her feelings when she took the towel off my head and I said, "I could have done this at home!"

Oh, it's TMI Tues:

1. LUST: Besides your current Significant Other who do you lust for or have you lusted for?
Considering that I don't have a SO [Freshman Buddy is back home literally halfway across the globe, and we were *makes iffy motion with hands* anyways], I lust for almost everything with a Y-chromosome.

2. GLUTTONY: What food brings out your inner glutton?
Wings.

3. GREED: What are you greedy for?
Underpants. Also, making out, if that's something that you can be greedy about, I'm not sure.

4. SLOTH: What is your plan for an ideal day of sloth?
Sleep all day. Duh.

5. WRATH: Describe a time that you let out a can of whoop ass on someone.
I'm not one for big bouts of wrath; I tend to let it out as it comes in.

6. ENVY: Who or what do you envy? Why?
I don't envy anyone at the moment. Maybe people with not-stupid-colors hair.

7. PRIDE: Have you ever had to swallow your pride? What are you proud of?
I maintain that I am my own biggest fan, hence I am proud of everything I do, since I can't guarantee that anyone else will be at any given moment. That isn't to say that I don't have people who are proud of me, or that I'm constantly doing things that make me lose friends. I just figure that if I should be sure that I love myself before I let other people love me.

10 comments:

Trixie Firecracker said...

Ouch, that sucks. I suppose there's always corrective hair color but hair dye is just damaging to begin with, so I don't know what you want to do. Honestly, your hair looked great then way it did before and you didn't need to dye it. But that's just what I think.

Osbasso said...

It's so damned much easier being a guy...

Hey! It's Tuesday!

Sean C said...

OMG that freaking biotch! I hate that, my friends that are girls have stories like that all the time. Not cool. Honestly, your after's don't look that bad, but I can't really see the whole thing in person.

Yeah, you're a little pasty their sister. Why don't you make it down to the beach of jersey shore? (Ok, that's losing mileage but I just wanted to give it one more spin.)

Sean C said...

*there

where the heck is the edit button?

DnWormer said...

Have to echo Obasso, one area where men have it so much easier. Don't worry about the color, just rock it with confidence and folks will love it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with O except add "bald"

I'm sure it looks fine. #6 tickled me.

Hex said...

I went blonde once (back when I actually had hair) -- which was a cool idea, but didn't really take as much as I wanted it to, and came out sort of strawberry weird on me. I paid money to get it done right, so I wasn't able to just wash it out -- once I went back to brunette, all my friends started ribbing me with all the crap they'd saved up while I pretended to look like Bruce Willis in "The 5th Element."

Anonymous said...

it's TA.

that sucks...but I'd still do you. if I were into that [which I am?].

number 2...couldn't agree with you more. SO good. all the time. usually. on spree day they weren't too good...they didn't mix well with the ice cream I'd had earlier and the 123982390 different types of alcohol I drank.

and the last sentence of this post makes complete and perfect sense and for you to articulate that so well makes me love and respect you even more than I already did.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I actually lust after sloths. Three toed ones.

JerseySjov said...

tf: it was supposed to be corrective color. My hair has been dyed since Dec, but it's still in good shape since i never blow-dry, i condition it pretty well, and i rarely flatiron.

os: oh you have no idea

sean: it's not that the afters are bad, it's that she didn't do what i wanted her to do despite the fact that i was prepared to spend my mother's money on it. cant go down the shore; i gotta work, son.

mnwhr: i just wish i could have spent that $110 on something better like underpants or food or something

sage: i guess guys dont have to worry abt the color of their hair if they dont have any

hex: haha! thank you for the phrase 'strawberry weird.' i'm going to have to steal it to tell people what my hair was doing in those before pics

ta: we got wings on spree day? or you got wings on spree day and didnt tell me?
also i love you and would do you any day of the week

dr ken: fascinating