Today, Friday, is my half day. I don't have to be at work until 1:30, then I only have to be there until 5:30. What's the freakin' point? Anyway, I have a few things I have to get done before I go:
1- Shower. I can't remember the last time I washed my hair. I pretend it's because frequent washing is bad for curly hair, but I never wear it down anymore so it's really just a totally lazy thing.
2- Take stuff from BJ's out of the trunk of my car. I bought a bunch of stuff at my favorite store on Wednesday but only moved the perishables [the 4-lb bag of mozzarella cheese] inside.
3- Return DVD to library. I can do this on Monday so odds are it'll get pushed back until then.
4- Eat some lunch. I got overzealous and packed a lunch last night. I tend to think of life in terms of my next meal and forget other details such as "You'll be home for lunchtime anyway, so why are you wasting all your ziplock bags?"
5- Go to BJ's, buy paper towels. The main point of my trip earlier in the week was to get goodies for my friends still in college since I'm going to visit the ol' campus on Saturday. Apparently the only actual request they have is paper towels.
6- Put gas in the car. I have a half tank, but I'm paranoid about vehicles and driving so I don't like to go anywhere more than thirty minutes away without a full tank.
After work I need to
1- Take another quick rinser shower in order to be nice and fresh for the eM.
2- Make dark chocolate ganache for my cheesecakes.
3- Maybe try to put away some of the huge piles of clean laundry and CRAP from my parents' house that Mom brought up for me. Of course, the 2 items I actually wanted from home were apparently given away or hidden, because they weren't included in the giant bags and boxes of stuff I don't need [broken claire's jewelry, like 7 pairs of underpants that haven't fit me since I lived at home, knockoff ihome that doesn't charge my nano, leotards that haven't fit me since I lived at home]. I will say I like having all of my old cds back.
10 am now. Guess I gotta get in the shower and start my day.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hope the day went well! Are things looking okay at work?
How'd all of that work out?
dr ken: considering how awful my boss is, i figure im pretty lucky to have closed this chapter within 2 months of frustration and hand-wringing
begins with: it all worked out as planned :)
Post a Comment