Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Uh-Oh

I can never get too far into being a happy chick before I look down and realize that I'm NOT floating on the clouds, I'm actually halfway to busting my ass on the sidewalk. Metaphorically, of course. I've made it this far in to winter without having cheek-on-concrete action. Knock on wood.
But anyway, your friend JS is already having a stressful week, and it's only Library Day [Tuesday].

-Dinner/drinks with Kevin on Saturday went about as well as I expected. He picked me up, paid for everything, and was on his best behavior, but I saw a million little moments over the course of everything that showed me that I wouldn't have been happy had the relationship lasted. He tried to get an arm around when we were watching a movie at his place [yeah, I know, but I'm looking for a FRIEND and while it's true that friends don't always buy each other dinner, they most assuredly hang out and watch movies without fondling each other] which I cold shouldered. He's been texting me.
-Dance has not been going great. I'm just not challenged and therefore don't care. In my extensive search for a new studio, I found zero classes for people of both my age and experience. I'm the youngest person by half in both of my classes, but somehow I have more years of training than anyone. I'm considering joining a gym where I can take yoga, but that's just not the same.
-I got written up at work for a few minor things that happened to occur all in the same week. An assistant director saw that I wasn't holding a kid who was whining [which is because the head teacher takes the "let them work it out" approach to crying and tells me to put them down when they cry]/I stayed in the room because nobody came in to cover my break [I didn't want to leave a room of 9 sleeping kids unattended]/ Some of the other assistants think I'm disrespectful or something because I don't do 100% of the bitchwork [I see "assistants restock supplies and take out garbage" and figure we take turns whereas they apparently see "JS restocks supplies and takes out garbage"].
-The whole poor-single-me situation. I'd be much happier if I had one nearby friend who wasn't involved in a serious relationship that started at the same time as my thing with Kevin. Perfect example: I was text-kvetching to JB. She says "You know I'll hang out with you whenever", then didn't respond to my next message for over 2 hours. She said "Sorry, I was at dinner with [my boyfriend]!" I've become the token 3rd or 5th wheel; I feel like my girl friends forget about just-me because they're too busy crawling all over their boyfriends. I either need to find a new group of friends [but where does a 23-year-old meet people? I don't have the money to go on trips or even establish myself at a local bar, the girls at work never go out, and I've already stated my case about dance-the ONE activity I know I'll stick with...suggest rec league sports and you get blocked from my blog] or fit in with my old friends by finding a boyfriend.
-I had to sign up for the health insurance at work instead of staying as a dependent on my Mom's because I don't live at home and she actually called them to see if me not living at home meant I wasn't a dependent. Seriously. She nicely offered to reimburse me until she found out how crazy pricey it is. I supposed it will be nice to be able to get back on the pill and whatnot, but it's not like I was just throwing away the extra money every 2 weeks.
-I have this itchy rash thing happening all over my neck and back. I've had it for a while and it's just some reaction with a natural yeast that makes certain lucky people itchy and kinda pink [and if you're in the sun the affected skin doesn't tan].

I know that everything will work out. I am just venting. I can't see my way out of this now, but I know that the unhappies will end sooner or later. I've been through worse times than this; I went to public school for 13 years.
I don't live at home with my parents. I have a steady job. I have a car that I can afford to put gas in when it runs out.
Overall, I am in pretty good shape.
[/End mantra.]

4 comments:

Ang said...

everyone is entitled to bitch and a blog is a great place to do it - I'm just glad that you ended on a positive note - you do have it good, where it counts. Everything else will work itself out.

Lately I've been reading too many blogs of bitchy/whiny girls and I'm close to punching one. (only I have no idea where she lives. damn).

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Keep hope alive!

So, you're supposed to pick up a kid every time he/she whines? Isn't that enabling them? Sounds like a lot of crap. They need some Dr. Ken tough love in that joint . . .

Another David said...

If I can make a suggestion for meeting new people, meetup.com works wonders. And I know you're against rec sports leages (please don't blog me!), but in DC we have a few kickball leagues, which are really just thin veils for alcoholism. We play kickball for 45mintues and then drink for three hours. People get more competitive about flipcup than kickball. Sooo yeah. If you have something like that, I'd highly recommend it.

JerseySjov said...

ang: haha yeah, those one-note all bitch all the time blogs SUCK!

dr ken: exactly, we're not supposed to pick them up, but somehow i was supposed to know that i should have picked up THAT kid on THAT day

another david: i just dont want to kick or run or do anything that reminds me of high school gym class.