As I sit here with a paper-towel-wrapped ice cube stuffed down the front of my drawers, I can only think “As far as stupid things you can do to yourself go, re-piercing your own vch has gotta be in some kind of hall of fame.” It wasn’t all bad, it hadn’t totally healed up. I wasn’t able to get the real jewelry in, but I had a thinner piece from when got my rook done [I swapped it out for a shorter bar once it healed] which I’m hoping will let me stretch it out a bit until I can work the real one back in there. I’ve been missing that particular shiny bit of myself for a few weeks now, so I hope this works out.
So JB’s bf’s friend [“Saturday Night”] apparently “awww really likes” me according to JB. Why, then, would he barely talk to me at the party at JB’s bf’s house this past Saturday? I have a theory that he’s one of those big-personality guys who’s actually a little dude on the inside. [Well, he is kinda short. I wouldn’t say I tower, but I have a couple good inches on him when I’m wearing my big girl shoes] I’m well aware that I’m an intimidating lady, so maybe he’s just being cute and shy?
JB’s bf told another dude at the party that I wasn’t available, which made me kind of angry. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that bringing a guy home with me twice makes him anything more than a dude who has seen me naked and heard me snore. Especially considering my other theory that he’s really not that in to me, but JB just wants another convenient couple for double-dates.
I do like him well enough for the time we’ve spent together and the naughty things we’ve done, but he’s gotta be the man here and reel me in.
I went to The Slutcracker on Sunday with JB, her guy, my Junior-year roommate and her guy. So incredible. Just amazing. I want to be IN it. It’s what made me dig up my old body jewelry and dick around with my pointe shoes all afternoon.
Plus we went to Anna’s after the show. I think I’d be in a perky mood just from that. “Burritos” label pending.
Monday night was the daycare’s annual Christmas staff party. It was a decently good time. I would have had more fun if I was able to have a margarita or two, but since I wasn’t about to drive home drunk in the snow I stayed dry. Roomie had promised that she’d drive me in to work on Tuesday if I could find a ride to the party/home after, but she texted me to tell me she was going to Vermont with her boyfriend instead. At one in the morning on Monday. Oh, well, we can’t all be great friends who follow up on their promises.
Still, I hustled one of the drunkies out of her better-than-mine Yankee Swap present, so the night wasn’t a total loss.
So Christmas is this coming Saturday. Fuck yeah! None of you have been any good at all, but I hear if you leave tequila out for Santa he'll give you sweet presents anyway.
December Books
Big Girls. : Pretty good read, but since I read it in spurts I had a hard time following the different narrators and ended up decently confused about what the hell exactly was going on. I wouldn’t say I loved it, or even particularly liked it, but it got me interested to read something else by the author. 6/10
Addicted. Zane: Another silly “Urban Erotica” borrowed from the girls at work. Considering that Zane is supposed to be the first and last name in this genre, I found myself really disappointed in how little I was turned on. It’s an okay plot with what I suspect was intended to be a shocking twist ending but is really a huge wtf. 2/10
Watch Your Mouth. Daniel Handler: Crazy stuff happens in this book, it’s difficult to know where to begin. Essentially a campfire story, the plot goes way deeper and further through Handler’s excellent writing. His stylistic repetition and ridiculous-but-perfect metaphors abound, in general it’s just plain fun to read. 7/10
The Double Life is Twice as Good. Jonathan Ames: Compilation of personal essays and short fiction, this was a fast and enjoyable book. I picked it up because of Bored to Death. Wry, self-deprecating humor is found on nearly every page, and either life imitates art or Ames solely writes what he knows because his stories are all about juvenile authors with wacky adventures. If I stumble upon one of his novels I’m highly likely to check it out. 7/10
December DVDs
Factory Girl: Typical “nice girl gets mixed up with a bad crowd” plot, but lots of really neat visuals. 3.5/5
Just My Luck: Cute little chick flick. Wasn’t expecting to like it but I guess it caught me in a good mood. 3/5
Dexter Season 4: If you’ve seen it- John Lithgow’s little dance in the episode where he takes Dexter to his childhood home: Priceless. I rewound those 20 seconds at least ten times; so wonderful. 4/5
The Proposal: Ryan Reynolds’ abs. Hello! 2.5/5
Eddie Izzard Unrepeatable: It’s hard to be an Eddie Izzard fan because his jokes are so ramble-y and bizarre that you sound like an utter loony if you try and quote him. 4/5
Swingers: I spent most of the time trying to figure out which of the guys was the most attractive and somehow ended up picking Jon Favreau. 2.5/5
Californication Season 2: Continues the good work set up by Season 1. 4.5/5
Four Rooms: I wanted to like it, I really did, but I couldn’t get into it. 2/5
Youth In Revolt: Hilarious. But, like most good movies, it’s based on a book which I now have to read and then pretentiously declare better than the flick. 3.5/5
Extras Season 1: I don’t know how Ricky Gervais got all those celebrities to play themselves as total assholes. Very funny. 4/5
Extras Season 2: Same as Season 1. The Daniel Radcliffe episode had me absolutely dying. 4/5
Trixie: Granted, I fell asleep for what I’m guessing were a few pivotal scenes, but I was not a fan. 1.5/5

4 comments:
I forgot you had a VCH! That just makes you even more interesting :P
I could barely get past the first paragraph... You are fucking crazy! However, I did see that youre catching up on Dexter; Steve and I just started season 3, so far we love it! Cant wait to get to season 4 :)
Maybe it's the height thing that's throwing him off. It would really suck to be short, and I thank myself every day that I'm not. Most chicks don't want to date short guys, even the short girls don't, usually. Just pat him on the head, give him a piggy-back ride, and tell him you think he's cute. He'll love that.
Happy Holidays, old friend.
: )
jake: it's not like im a better conversationalist because i have unconventional jewelry!
ang: it's pretty dangerous to leave me alone with a lot of time and no cable or internet...i get up to all kind of stupid things by myself!
dr ken: i think he's just honestly not that into me. if he's that hung up on the height thing i wouldn't want to date him anyway; confidence is the main thing at play here. if all else fails, yes, i will tousle his hair and offer to pull him in his radio flyer wagon
Post a Comment