Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Voice Like A Riot

Library day again!

Friday night went very poorly. My new dude took me out for dinner and a movie [Due Date. Seems like they just said "Hey, Zachie G, we loved The Hangover. Here's a small dog and 90 minutes. Action" but it's pretty watchable], but like 30 minutes in to the movie I got violently ill and had to run to the bathroom so that I could hurl up what seemed like everything I've ever eaten in my entire life. Not cute. I got myself together for the rest of the movie, but things unraveled pretty quick upon the return to my house. My cute date outfit is still crumpled on the floor where it was discarded for my trusty Dance Group sweatsuit.
He slept over since we got in late [late for workin' stiffs like us, that is]. He asked if I would mind if he stayed, and I said, "Hey, man, if you don't mind that I'm puking my face off then by all means stay."
Saturday after he finished his job stuff he came back over for a nap. We snuggled and talked until Sunday morning.
I feel like he HAS to be fucking with me because I haven't majorly disagreed with anything he's said to me thus far, and vice-versa. We're at really similar spots in our lives [out of school, decent places to live, steady jobs] and, while we have a lot of things in common we have definite "me" things. Like we both love cooking and want to spend more time in the kitchen together, but he's on a few different rec league teams and I [obv] have dance. IT'S PRETTY EXCITING, YOU GUYS.

Some of you might have seen on my shmacebook that I'm trying to go until my next paycheck without spending any money. Thus far, success. Here's what the rest of the week looks like:
Monday: Ballet was cancelled and I was too much of a dingus to suggest that I could teach it, so I hung out with Roomie.
Tuesday: Liberry.
Wednesday: My stupid jazz class is cancelled, so I'm going to clean the downstairs bathroom like it has never been cleaned before [and honestly that is not far from the state that it is in] and I won't forget to take the garbage out.
Thursday: Watch movies that I got at the library.
Friday: Have lots and lots of sexual intercourse with the new guy? Period status pending. I must have had another cyst or something because I haven't had a period this bad in a while. Wicked heavy flow, no end in sight. Not a lot of cramps, though, so I guess it could be worse. Uhhh, sorry for that, men.
Saturday/Sunday: SLEEP. Mop/Sweep/Vacuum
Monday: Ballet.
And then I get a check so I can buy produce and possibly a new bra [I think I deserve one].

Short-Answer Section: Would you guys be interested if I wrote little reviews for the books and movies I've been demolishing since moving to an apartment with no internet? It's only the second week in November and I've already been through something like 6 books. I'd like to give it a whack, plus it's something I can do at home without le internet, so on the odd weeks that I have nothing going on in my personal life I can complain about published writers and award-winning films. Thoughts?

5 comments:

Nikki Jo said...

I have been trying to read more (do blogs count?) and I never realized that all I had to do was have no internet lol.

You are not the only person who has had a stomach thing this weekend! There must be something going around.

Good luck with the new guy! Maybe it just works with you and him? You seem to complement each other very well, especially with scheduling.

Mr O said...

funny, I thought the same thing about Due Date. But I, also, liked it.

Good luck on your $ schedule

AND

i would LOVE for you to book & movie posts. Though I would be partial to the movie posts as I have a Netflix account and am knocking those things out. Please let this one vote be enough!

Ang said...

Go for it! Long as your writing, I'll be a-readin'

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Yeah, I'd read the book reviews, but I think I more enjoy the date reviews.

JerseySjov said...

nikki jo: i was a big reader up through highschool, but i stopped in college because i figured if i was going to read anything it should be my schoolbooks. [but of course i never read THOSE]

mr o: i'll have you know my no-$ week was a smashing success. i spent nothing and still had a decent time with myself.

ang: good to hear! :)

dr ken: and i'd enjoy going on more dates, but it's not a perfect world.