Friday, September 24, 2010

Hello!

Hey everybody! I've been skimming your blogs and it seems that most of you are in at least decent spirits, which makes me happy. Finding internet has proved way more difficult than I anticipated, which is why it's been so monumentally long since I've posted anything. I'm not even trying to keep up on Twitter.
If you're still interested in the ins and outs [heh] of my life and times, here are the major things that have been going on since I last checked in:

Work-
I still love going in to work every day. I'm in the Toddler 1 classroom, ie kids that are 15-24 months old, which is MADDENING. But, it's something different every day and I definitely feel like I earned my money. I get along with the head teacher in the classroom and the kids like me. There's nothing like trying to clean up plastic blocks and having a little kid run up out of nowhere and slobber all over your shin affectionately.

Dance-
I found a great studio where I'm taking ballet and jazz. The jazz class is geared far more to the beginner set, but the ballet teacher makes the class the appropriate level for everyone, meaning I'm not bored but the other ladies [all moms aged 30+] don't feel left in the dust.
Also dance related: I took a trip back to campus for the Dance Group auditions. We took an unheard of EIGHT girls this year, 7 freshmen and 1 junior. Tequila flowed in abundance, speeches were given, and I'm pretty sure at least one of us whipped out a boob. It was nice to get back in to the college mindset for a night, but I'm definitely getting old- I was LAID OUT on the couch for the entire next day.

Friends-
I see Roomie occasionally when she comes to town to visit her bf, aka one of my current roommates. She calls me a few times a week, usually in reference to how much of a bitch JB [aka Roomie's bf's sister] is being to her. I can relate in a way, because I've only seen JB twice since moving, despite the fact that she lives 20 minutes away and her bf lives 5 minutes away from me. When I do see her, she acts really fake and seems uncomfortable. She's supposed to move in to the downstairs half of my house in December. I'm supposed to move down there with her, but there's no way in hell I'm going to move DOWN THE STAIRS from where I happily live now.

Kevin-
We had a "discussion" last week about our relationship. He says that it makes him feel bad when I'm disengaged from what's happening in his life, but I didn't even realize he felt that way. I've been making an effort to ask him specifically what happened during his day, which I hope he's noticed. It came up that I've never had a serious boyfriend before, which let him know that I'm a work in progress.
Either way we still have fantastic sex all the time. Last night we did it on top of the covers and the wet spot permeated through the comforter on to the sheets. I know how many times I've hooked up with previous dudes I was with, but I lost track of how many times Kevin and I have smushed a while ago. Nice.

Misc-
I don't have nearly as many adventures as I used to: getting a library card honestly made my day a couple weeks ago, and I felt so accomplished yesterday because I went to the grocery store sans list and made it out with only 2 minor impulse buys [Cosmo and Doritos], but I'm settling in to my post-college life nicely. I'm reading books for fun again and generally keeping a balanced schedule. I wake up at around 6 or 7 in the morning and go to sleep before midnight every day, which I previously thought was impossible. I'm fully in charge of paying rent, bills, gas, feeding/clothing myself and it looks like I'll be able to do so without keeping too strict of a budget.

That's about it for now. I hope I get into some shenanigans soon so that I can stop just telling you guys "Things are good!" over and over again. I feel like you're going to start thinking I'm lying about my good fortune, haha.
Hugs and kisses!

6 comments:

Heff said...

You've been MISSED, Sweetie !

Anonymous said...

At your daycare do you use Sign Language with the kids?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Things sound like they're going great for you! I just started shagging a new chick, and tomorrow I'm going over by her place to watch the Bears game, eat nachos, drink wine, and bump fuzzies. Life's all right over here too.

Ang said...

Dang girl - you really have grown up! LOL.. just keep your playful attitude and it won't seem so bad.

Very happy to know that things are going so well for you though!

Anonymous said...

you don't feel old until you stop partying, and then try to get back into it for a weekend. recovery time increases almost exponentially. O.o

JerseySjov said...

heff: and ive missed all of you!!

cap: minimally. they all know "more" and 'please' and we try to teach them the colors

dr ken: here's wishing you better luck to you than i always seem to have!!

ang: grown up is a state of mind ;) it comes and goes

bigshow: it was AWFUL! i couldnt believe that the other girls got up and had a 3 hour dance class after that night