Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cat Lady

What a sad start to my weekend.

I am the type of person who loves being around other people. Even if it's just being in the same room as someone else staring at their laptop or reading, I like having someone nearby.
Yesterday I came home from work and none of my 3 roommates was home. SH was home for a wedding and JB has, like, 20 jobs, and the third goes out and about a lot during the day. I ended up ordering wings and watching movies by myself until 4am. I woke up today at around noon and got all showered and niced up, but so far all I've done is eat my wings leftovers and watch 30 Rock on hulu.

I think a Dance Group junior was going to come visit for the night, but I've heard nothing about that since Tuesday. SH was planning on coming home this afternoon, but I haven't seen her. JB is kind of unpredictable but if the junior is visiting she'd make it a point to be around, and the last I saw of my third roomie was her popping in last night at around 2 to pack some things to stay over at her boyfriend's house.

Even our cats seem to feel a little bad for me. The fat one brought over one of his toys and meowed until I played with him for a while, and the stupid one keeps sitting in the middle of the room staring at me.

My itunes project continues: I got The Sounds of Science in the mail yesterday and youtube converted a few more selections. Anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

2 cats or less. Anymore than that may be a bit Cat Lady-like.

DnWormer said...

I think you're ok because the cats are community animals and as long as you don't spend all off your weekend time with them.
On the i-tunes thing, I hated his music before, but I think all my time at stripclubs recently is making me a lil wayne fan, especially the collabo videos with Cassie and lloyd.

JerseySjov said...

tr: just 2, and they really belong to my roommate. still, it was just me and them that night

mnwhr: i didnt like classic rock until i started hanging out with my springsteen and eagles-loving brother. every song on my playlist reminds me of someone or something!