Monday, January 26, 2009

Early-Morning Monday Miscellany

Saturday night I went out with AP, D, Lipring, and a bunch of people who don't have names on my blog. I was making my way through a crowded hallway when I feel someone tug my jacket sleeve. I ignore it, but whoever it is keeps on tugging. I look up and see a guy that I was friends with Freshman year [up until the night he called me slutty in front of some mutual acquaintances. B, I think you were there!] with a huge shit-eating grin on his face.
Idiot: Hey, JS, what's up, baby? I haven't seen you in forever!
JS: Oh, hi. Yeah, I know, right.
Idiot: So how have you been? You were away all last semester, right?
JS: Nope, I was here.
Idiot: Uh...
JS: Yeah. *walks away*
Guys, help me figure this one out: What the crap did he think was going to happen?

Moving right along.
I had a bit of a cold over the weekend. I spend a good deal of Friday and all day Saturday rolling around in bed, sniffling and feeling generally sorry for myself. Since I had to spend those couple days mouth-breathing my lips are wicked chapped, and since I have the bad habit of chewing or picking at chapped lips, my mouth is a sore mess. I also have a very attractive "look at me, I'm sick" raw and red nose happening from blowing my nose on toilet paper because they stock it for free and I'm too cheap to buy real tissues. To top it all off, I have bags under my eyes from not getting a good night's sleep because I never sleep well when I'm sick. I'm still coughing and my nose is running a little. Moral of the story: I am so not cute right now.

My schedule for now until April looks like this:
Sunday: Dance Group 2-5, Fame 6-9
Monday: class 4-5, Capoeira 6-8, Dance 9-11
Tuesday: class 12-1, Fame 7-9:30
Wednesday: class 9-12, class 4-5, Capoeira 6-9, Dance 10-11
Thursday: class 2-5, Fame 7-9, Dance 9-10
Friday: class 12-1, drinking!
Saturday: drinking!
There are a few more dance rehearsals for both Dance Group and Fame that aren't in there yet. It seems like I have a lot of free time but I've been filling the hours by napping. Hey- I was getting sick, I needed my rest! On the other hand, I'm about to start my third week of classes and I have yet to take my text books out of the bag I carried them home in.
Has anyone seen my work ethic lying around?

8 comments:

Trixie Firecracker said...

In order to mitigate the recession, your work ethic decided to only come in part time to cut costs. As for that idiot dude, he's pulling a Frenchy and expecting you to fall over at his feet regardless of where he's been.

So@24 said...

I have a story for you.

One time I was eavesdropping these two guys (see: dbags) at a bar talking about girls.

Guy 1: Man, check out all the supbabies here.
Guy 2: Yeah, there are some choice supbabies.

I died laughing. They were calling cute girls "sup babies" because that's what you say to them.

I've adopted this for my own.

DnWormer said...

Many of us men delude ourselves into thinking that women instantly forget any dumb shit we've done and remember forever the nice/polite/romantic stuff we've done. It's a wonderful survival mechanism.

Dating Without Pants said...

My work ethic was zero my last year of college ... I'm surprised I passed. Oh, and textbooks are overrated. I didn't buy any of them one semester of my senior year.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Dancing and drinking looks like a good schedule to me. See if you can pencil in a trip to the Wallgreens for some chapstick. Then again, chapped lips can be hot.

Hey, thanks for going by
http://www.woodsugars.com!

Be sure to become a fan on Facebook and be on the lookout for video versions of old blogs of mine on the Sugars site.

Hope you feel better!

Heff said...

Less dancing, more drinking !

Heff said...

Hey ! Thanks for the link and follow !

JerseySjov said...

tf: ha i like your thinking. i should be proud of my economical work ethic.

so: supbabies...that's ingenious.

mnwhr: too bad in reality we're more likely to remember the dick moves!

dwp: i round up the cost of books and get reimbursed by my mama. shh.

dr ken: you're welcome for my visit to the woodsugars site. and i am feeling better, thank you!

hef: i couldn't stop reading your page when i went to check it out after your first comment!