I've not been writing as frequently as I have in the past. Things just haven't been super-exciting, and I don't think anyone wants to hear me write about how my Spanish class is going. [It's going bien. Bueno? Whatever.]
Compared to last year my weekends have been pretty tame; I haven't even had a good solid makeout session since the school year started. Then again, the people I've been surrounding myself with this year are all either in a new relationship or in some terrible dramatic relationship or haven't been single since they were 14 and now they're suddenly single and they don't know what to do so they go get two kittens even though pets aren't allowed in our house. In other words they're not all about going out and trapping guys in a web of lies and bjs.
Ha, but speaking of the lies-and-bjs guys- our first Spanish test is coming up. It's a group test; we have to prepare a dialog and then answer questions as a team. Out of 21 people, matched up in groups of 3 via counting from uno to siete around the room, I am paired with a girl who hates me sometimes and a guy who my ex-Roommate got crazy with for a week or so. We're pretending that we've never seen each other before. He's not very good at Spanish.
I guess my point here is I'm trying to figure out if I've just gotten boring from the lack of attractive and available men, if I've further matured from years past [unlikely, I'm going to a Eurotrash theme party tonight], if I'm still crazy and just haven't found a proper outlet, or if there's something else that's keeping me on the sofa watching Animal Planet with my roommates on a Friday night instead of doing it like they do it on the Discovery Channel with whatever guy I can convince to follow me home.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
you are great. I'm sorry griffin was kind of meh last night and I didn't hang out nearly as much as I should have slash I wasn't very trashy for our party (I still don't understand the theme...at all)...but you are far from boring, and I can attest to that after seeing you and your beautiful, euro-trashy, drunk self last night. you're probably a little more mature, but more than anything, you probably just need to get some and the options at this school are very limited...
and I'm also wondering the names of the people you were paired with for the project...hmm.
On any campus the party scene gets boring after two years or so and I believe you are on a small campus so i'd imagine things can get stale after a while.
Junior year seems to be when people get tired of the type of partying they did as underclassmen. Don't worry, as the year progresses, people will snap out of their funks and y'all will find new ways to entertain yourselves.
If you have to work hard to convince a guy to follow you home, then yeah, you need a new set of guys to work with....
Junior year is always kind of a drag... Senior year gets better!
TA: dammit i should have told you the names when we im'd for that glorious 2 minutes today.
mnwhr: here it's pretty much the same people with the same liquor every weekend. things get exciting when we get, say, malibu instead of svedka for a change.
tf: it'll just be a long wait until my best friends turn 21, then we can do the bar thing which seniors tend to do here
vi: it's more like i don't put forth any effort ever, and in previous years that's all it took to get a man.
jennybean: i hope so!
Post a Comment